Honda DN-01

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Never ridden one and not interested in riding one :BLAA:

Heavy, painfully slow for a motorcycle (0 to 60 in 7.4 seconds??? Ninja 250 is way faster than that!) AND futuristically stupid looking (though looks are subjective and that's just my opinion) .. and lets not forget CVT to make it extra dull. Might as well drive a car.
Did I mention that MSRP on that bike is 15.6k??? It can be had for under 10k new though.. since I think they've sold about 7 of them in the past 2 years :rof:

May very well make a great bike for someone, but I think if that was my only choice I'd just stick to driving a car.

mcteague

Reaction score
Visit site
Never ridden one and not interested in riding one :BLAA:

Heavy, painfully slow for a motorcycle (0 to 60 in 7.4 seconds??? Ninja 250 is way faster than that!) AND futuristically stupid looking (though looks are subjective and that's just my opinion) .. and lets not forget CVT to make it extra dull. Might as well drive a car.
Did I mention that MSRP on that bike is 15.6k??? It can be had for under 10k new though.. since I think they've sold about 7 of them in the past 2 years :rof:

May very well make a great bike for someone, but I think if that was my only choice I'd just stick to driving a car.

Uh, not really. Ninja 250R 0-60 in 7.7 sec.
Kawasaki Ninja 250R vs. Honda CBR250R Review- Sportbike Comparison Test

Tim

MHS

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not interested in one -- as much as starting up hill pains me, an automatic bike sounds like a huge fun suck.

I think it looks like a weird fish (shark maybe?) from the side. From the front and back it looks alright though.

I'm eyeing a Goldwing, and stumbled into someone trying to advertise it as being a zippier GW for when you just need to get around town - which prompted my question.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not interested in one -- as much as starting up hill pains me, an automatic bike sounds like a huge fun suck.

I think it looks like a weird fish (shark maybe?) from the side. From the front and back it looks alright though.

I'm eyeing a Goldwing, and stumbled into someone trying to advertise it as being a zippier GW for when you just need to get around town - which prompted my question.

I suppose that description makes sense. GW is awesome for eating up highway miles, but would be silly to use for short rides around town as your only bike. DN is really a big scooter in function.

iSteve

Reaction score
www.flickr.com
Riding this weekend I came up behind a bunch of (quiet) cruisers. In the back was a lady on DN-01. It was better looking in person but that doesn't say much. I think if someone is new to two wheels or not into motorcycles and just wants to go for a little cruise once in a while this would be fine. I have no interest in one but it has a purpose. If I had a chance to try one and my friends wouldn't see me I'd give it a try.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Ble bleh Blehhhh!
honda-dn-01-wallpaper-1.jpg
Blehhh!

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks to me almost like some whacko concept that somebody high on too much cough syrup decided to actually put into production.... should have stayed on the concept showroom if you ask me. I'm sure it's the right bike for somebody , just isn't me :D

dean owens

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.ccf-unc.org
beauty is in the eye of the beholder. for someone that bike is great. i personally don't think it's all that bad. i sat on one in the dealership when i was looking for my next bike (which ended up being the fz6) and it was somewhat comfortable. not enough for me to keep looking at it. plus, i knew i was going to go used and that was the first year it was out.

i view bikes a bit like guitars. i've seen some amazing looking guitars that just play and sound like poo. i've also seen some cheap, bargain basement guitars that hurt the eyes... but they feel so good to play and sound amazing through any amp. whenever i run into someone looking for a guitar i tell them to hold/play as many as they can. forget price and just find out which one feels the best in the hands. i followed my own advice and a few years ago got a guitar i would have never picked based on looks. i've always thought telecasters were just hideous. guess what i own and love. :D

ibsrp

Reaction score
Visit site
I too sat on one at the dealership and I was surprised at how small
it seemed. I do not think it looks bad, but looks have never been my
most important factor when deciding on a bike.

I had a Honda Big Ruckus once and that should tell you looks are low
on my priority list. That thing was a blast to ride. I have no problem with
an automatic transmission bike, but to each his own.

The most important thing is do you enjoy what you ride when you do.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I too sat on one at the dealership and I was surprised at how small
it seemed. I do not think it looks bad, but looks have never been my
most important factor when deciding on a bike.

I had a Honda Big Ruckus once and that should tell you looks are low
on my priority list. That thing was a blast to ride. I have no problem with
an automatic transmission bike, but to each his own.

The most important thing is do you enjoy what you ride when you do.

Yeah but a Honda Big Ruckus is a cool scooter. I like it much better than what they have on the market now...:rockon:

Shawn

Reaction score
Visit site
I got to ride one last year at the Honda Demo days. It is hard to explain, it really is a combination of cruiser, scooter and sport bike. Riding position is like a cruiser, it drives like a bigger scooter (Majesty) and it copies 'some' of styling of a sport bike. It didn't feel as slow as I thought it would. It is a different riding experience not having to shift gears. Just twist the throttle and go. The looks are not for everyone but it does not look as bad in person. It isn't the bike for me right now but it is a great ride for maybe someone who is looking for the ease of scooter riding without having the scooter look. Watching the reaction of the different riders before and after the ride was surprising. Most were curious when they got on it, but everyone had a pretty big smile when they stepped off it.

ohgood

Reaction score
Visit site
before you judge it, ride it... they are very well composed, very smooth running, very nicely made machines. honda knows a thing or two about kickass bikes. :)))