Hometown "Landmarks"

smokenu

rubber side down
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks!
it's awsome to see the great pic's of your hometown's

I'll post this thread from time to time. That way we can keep all the new members up to date.

Damnitsjeff

Yumma Dum Dum
Reaction score
Visit site
Mt. Washington, home of the worst recorded weather on earth :)

NEFZ6Meet117.jpg

I admit, it is nowhere near my hometown (about 2 hours away) but it's really the only recognizable landmark my state has....unless you count all of our covered bridges. Like this one, 15 minutes from my childhood home:

Coveredbridgerideweekend088.jpg

That is my vacation destination (Mt. Washington) along with the state of Maine in July.. I can't wait to go. I have this website in my favorites Mount Washington Observatory – White Mountains, New Hampshire (NH)

H3LR4ZR

Insomniac
Reaction score
brhelwig.com
Documentary on my hometown, Stanley, ND, where I've lived all my life, cept when I went to college. Home of a total of 3 sport bikes and many many harleys, Mine a FZ6, the guy down the street about 2 blocks has a CBR, and a guy about 1/2 mile has a R6, lol. We're now the center of the biggest oil find in North America. We're probably the only people in the US who are happy when the price of oil goes up besides haliburton. :Flip:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9zoJITuZx0]YouTube - CRUDE INDEPENDENCE | Documentary Film Trailer[/ame]

And CNN

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CroMuF6kyy8[/ame]

Oh and we have at least 1700 nukes. 3 of which are within 7 miles of my house, making us the 3rd largest nuclear power in the world if we seceded from the union.

Last edited:

bushboarder

moved on up
Reaction score
Visit site

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Great Thread :thumbup: I'm from Beaverton Oregon next to Portland. The main landmark is Mt. St Helens and Mt. Hood. The first picture is of Hagg lake. A great rip to get there. A nice 45 mile jaunt on the FZ6. The second is of Mt. St. Helens on the left. Pretty cool checking out the homes of all the FZers. The world is pretty cool. Lots of great places. I could post a bunch of shots but it takes too long to down load them. Oh by the way my FZ6 is definitly more modded now then when the pictures were taken.

Last edited:

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
I am from a suburb of St Louis, Missouri. Our greatest landmark is known as the Gateway to the West, The Arch:
View attachment 21800
You can travel up in a little pod style elevator to the top, and there are several windows on each side that you can look out over the city. It was built in the 1960's, from stainless steel.
Great thread idea!! :cheer:

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i dont have a picture of it, but in my home town, there is a old railroad bridge over a section of rt 4 in farmington, ct.. on the bottom in each square is says "Big Bird" and everyone in town knows it as the "Big Bird Bridge".. ill have to snap a photo for everyone...

smokenu

rubber side down
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i dont have a picture of it, but in my home town, there is a old railroad bridge over a section of rt 4 in farmington, ct.. on the bottom in each square is says "Big Bird" and everyone in town knows it as the "Big Bird Bridge".. ill have to snap a photo for everyone...

Cant wait to see it;)

ITSME

Reaction score
Visit site
Here's some pics of the hometown up here in our little corner of the Pacific Northwest.
vwzyv4.jpg

2z6za5y.jpg

ldraf.jpg

Last edited:

discgolfdude

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm from Vancouver, WA, the first Vancouver, older than Vancouver B.C. Home of the Fort Vancouver, and were the largest fireworks show on the West Coast used to be, maybe we will have it again, don't know. From the Couve you can see Mt. Saint Helens, yeah the one that blew it's top in 1980, Mt. Adams, and Mt Hood. Lewis and Clark came through here on there voyage to the coast from St. Louis. Home of Burgerville, you know you want a burger. Just north of P town, where the show Leverage is filmed that is supposed to take place in Boston, lol. I'll try to post pics when I can later.