Homemade exhaust round 2

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Just finished my new exhaust on my FZ1 and this one sounds way better! No high pitch scream just nice and deep, almost like a busa with a brocks exhaust or a old long stroke 4. Putting packing in this one was well worth it. It's nothing fancy but sounds great, I might go back and and some polished heat shields later but check it out.
u9u6yry9.jpg
zy5azaha.jpg
tabusequ.jpg
6ade3u4e.jpg
gu4egyry.jpg

Sent from my pocket rocket that don't know how to spell

lawlberg

Booth Babe
Reaction score
Visit site
Just finished my new exhaust on my FZ1 and this one sounds way better! No high pitch scream just nice and deep, almost like a busa with a brocks exhaust or a old long stroke 4. Putting packing in this one was well worth it. It's nothing fancy but sounds great, I might go back and and some polished heat shields later but check it out.

What material did you pack it with, and where is the packing? That's so minimal I wouldn't be able to guess at what the insides look like. Rough drawing of the design?

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
I started with a piece of SS perforated sheet and rolled it to about a 1 1/4 od and welded it to a flat piece of that perforated. I wraped it as tight as I could with SS steel wool, then high temp fiberglass sheet, a little more steel wool then more fiberglass. I took the "insert" and welded it to the 3" side of my reducer then slide the 3" pipe down on top of it. Well it didnt slide, I had to keep working it down on and working the packing inside as I went.

heres some pics of the perforated material im taking about along with the reducers I made so you can get a better idea