Highbeam Question.

paulie75

Reaction score
Visit site
I was wondering if anyone knew if the H4 is using the regular beam just angled higher or is it using the actual high beam filament?

Thanks,

Paulie

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I believe its using the high beam filiment.

I did the BD43 headlight mod where you just add a wire to one post for the additional low beam (to light it all the time).

When you turn on the highbeam, it obviously activates, so both elements are being used ...

The right side is on with the left (on low beam), when the high beam is activated, it activates (appears the low beam ((right side)) stays on as well.

Last edited:

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
I believe its using the high beam filiment.

I did the BD43 headlight mod where you just add a wire to one post for the additional low beam (to light it all the time).

When you turn on the highbeam, it obviously activates, so both elements are being used ...

The right side is on with the left (on low beam), when the high beam is activated, it activates (appears the low beam ((right side)) stays on as well.

I forget how the BD43 mod works but if it uses the green wire to add the low beam, then when you switch on high beam the low beam filament shuts off. That's what mine does atleast.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Do you have a link BD43 mod by chance?

I looked up on his web site and it does say that when the high beam IS ACTIVATED, the low beam(same bulb) goes out, so I stand corrected...

This mod is the best add on made to the bike IMHO.

Below is a link to his site. I believe the kit was around $25, extremly well made and well worth it.

If semi-mechanically inclined, expect to spend maybe an hour installing it. There are NO modifications to the bike, bascally, plug and play, just a matter of getting to the correct connector under the gas tank and then routing/plugging onto the right side headlight..

The highbeam will work as stock, your just basically lighting up the right side, stock un-lite right side bulb on the low beam setting (2 lights!!!! :) )

BD43 Web Site

Last edited: