High Side Crash "Ouch"

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am confused how high side occur.
As far as I know, its caused by the rear wheel losing traction but why wouldn't it make the rear wheel skid (power slide) instead?
:confused:

its not the losing of traction that causes the highside. its the quick and sudden REGRABBING of traction between the tire and road. If it happens when the wheels arent lined up enough then this happens:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yX61su6xRkI]YouTube - Cadwell crash.wmv[/ame]

in the slow mo you can see it more clearly. watch the rubber streak on the ground. while his tire is skidding (no traction) there is a rubber streak being made. Suddenly the tire grabs the asphalt again and upsey-offsey for the rider.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not the best one to answer that question. If it were me I would find the moments my tire sliding out that far to be a great opportunity to reacquaint myself with God and ask for a favour.

yamahaha

that guy is fast
Reaction score
Visit site
when i click the link it gives some "bandwidtch exceeded" crap and i cant view the pictures. It just shows a photobucket go pro pictures. Any ideas? cuz i love to see em.

Misti

Reaction score
www.mistihurst.com
so what could he have done to avoid that?
does that mean some more gas and it will turn into a 'drift'?

As mentioned earlier in the thread, chopping the throttle is what causes the bike to suddenly regain traction. So knowing that, what could the rider have done in this case to avoid becoming air born?

More gas will cause it to continue to slide and "drift" and possibly "come right round on you" causing a lowside.

Misti