Reaction score
Visit site
The thought was there.... :thumbup:
"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to FIZZER6 again."

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Its that easy? I had no idea! So its nearly a bolt in? Can the mole ever hole a H4/7 bulb again once trimmed? Or is it, no turning back?

I have 2 3Five ballasts which are sitting here doing nothing.... Being as tiny as they are, I may have give this more consideration! Perhaps you recall this --> http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-electrical/51497-35-watt-hid-ballast-current-4-0-amps.html

I think you probably could install them, leaving the bulb holders fully intact, just removing the bulb clip and screws from the reflector. Once you have them in though you will never want to go back to halogen reflectors on this bike. It's at least 3-4X more light on the road.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
If you use the Morimoto mini (H1) HID projectors you can install them in H7 or H4 reflectors without cutting the hole, you only have to trim off the tabs that used to secure the metal clips that held the original bulbs. The projector stem fits through the existing bulb hole perfectly.

What actually holds the projectors in the mole if their installed from the rear? (Maybe I missed something)

Or does the clear lens have to come off (heated), "bulbs" installed and securred, then the headlight assembly re-assembled?

Last edited:

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
What actually holds the projectors in the mole if their installed from the rear? (Maybe I missed something)

Or does the clear lens have to come off (heated), "bulbs" installed and securred, then the headlight assembly re-assembled?

Installed from the front and that group of washers and nut lock it into place...

This image won't last long....
$_35.JPG

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
White, silicone washers insulate the projector bowls from the headlight reflectors, keeping them from rotating or bouncing around much after you tighten them down on the backside with the large nuts and washers. :thumbup:

dbekoscke

Reaction score
Visit site
How did this work out for you? Have there been any issues after the install? I was looking to do the same mod, but I'm pretty clueless as far as wiring goes. I'm wondering how complicated this would be for me. Lol

Db52280

Reaction score
Visit site
This was a pretty easy mod. I have had zero issues with it and man they look great. If you are on the fence about this mod don't wait and do it. The guys on here can walk you through any problem so if you get stuck just ask.

dbekoscke

Reaction score
Visit site
Is the Hi beam/low beam OEM switch on the handlebar still used to control hi/low beam?

Also, what is the part that actually illuminates the street? Is this the angel eye part? And thus, the devil eye is just cosmetic?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Is the Hi beam/low beam OEM switch on the handlebar still used to control hi/low beam?

Also, what is the part that actually illuminates the street? Is this the angel eye part? And thus, the devil eye is just cosmetic?

The black with yellow tracer wire is your hi beam. Use that to control your lo to hi beam. :)

The part that illuminates the street is going to be the HID headlamp itself. The other lights have very little illumination in comparison and are more like running lights.

Last edited:

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
This is a bit of a thread derail but here goes.

For the rare times I ride at night it would be GREAT to SEE! That said, its my opinion that our OEM scatter beam from our reflector is easier seen than that of an HID Projector.

So, I might opt for fitting a single side as an HID and leave the other stock (likely the H1 side and fit it with a yellow bulb (Not legal I know). Ya, not exactly a "balanced look" but that's not my primary concern.

So my question is this; you folks running projectors - have you noticed any reduction in people seeing you in the day? Do cagers notice you? I do have two 3Five Ballast so I could fit it with both projectors, but I personally feel like projectors are harder to see in the daylight. JM2C.. .. ..

Also, what bulbs are in the Morimoto mini (H4) HID projector? Is it DS2?

jbwaterman84

Born to ride
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the morimoto set up in my bike. I've been running projector hids for 3 or 4 years now. I have seen a decrease in the amount of people that pull out in front of me during the day, especially at night. As to your other question, mine runs the d2s bulbs.

Db52280

Reaction score
Visit site
I have had several people that ride with me comment on how much better they can see me coming with the projector lights. I think since they are such a white light it really stands out.