Hi! & I'm having trouble finding a new FZ6!!

BastardWaif

Ensure you are insured!
Reaction score
www.cambrianguitars.com
Howdy Folks,

Newbie here. I've been drooling :drool: over getting an FZ6 for a while now. Couple of weeks ago I pulled the trigger and ordered one from my local dealer. However, they're having all sorts of problems finding me one. Seems like there are NONE available in my area (San Jose, CA). I called Yamaha direct and spoke to a nice gent who promised to fax me a list of dealers who had one in stock, but I've yet to see the fax. I'm getting mightily peedoff waiting for "the call" saying that they found me one. When I spoke to my dealer last Friday, he told me that they should have the 2009's in in about 2 to 3 weeks, and the first one they get is mine....

Any ideas how to speed things up? :don'tknow:

Cheers,
Dave
"BastardWaif" (I couldn't resist the name.....even though I'm not getting an "R" :D )

dynamo-acl

Reaction score
Visit site
Obviously yam have done well in offloading all the fz6's they have imported into the area. If nobody local has 1 they wish to offload you could end up paying over the odds for an 08 from further afield

Its only 2-3 weeks away for a 09 so best to be patient and wait for one of those unless its a 08 your desperate for

I heard the 09 will have nicer colours, have a turbo fitted making it way faster and be fitted with OHLINS suspension:Sport: [kiddin]

mellofelow

Reaction score
Visit site
Howdy Folks,

Newbie here. I've been drooling :drool: over getting an FZ6 for a while now. Couple of weeks ago I pulled the trigger and ordered one from my local dealer. However, they're having all sorts of problems finding me one. Seems like there are NONE available in my area (San Jose, CA). I called Yamaha direct and spoke to a nice gent who promised to fax me a list of dealers who had one in stock, but I've yet to see the fax. I'm getting mightily peedoff waiting for \"the call\" saying that they found me one. When I spoke to my dealer last Friday, he told me that they should have the 2009's in in about 2 to 3 weeks, and the first one they get is mine....

Cheers,
Dave
\"BastardWaif\" (I couldn't resist the name.....even though I'm not getting an \"R\" :D )

Dave, I know for a fact that the '09 won't hit the dealer floor until December. PM me your contact info and I'll see what I can do from Yamaha.

protein anchor

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I just bought my new 2008 in Northampton, MA. They have a Blue 2008 there now as well. I know it would cost a bit to ship ($300), but they would do it and they have pretty good prices. Would you like the number? :thumbup:

08fz6

Make no excuses!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
right off yamahas site:
2006 FZ6
$7,290 (Deep Blue) Available from December 2008
$7,290 (Raven) Available from December 2008

BastardWaif

Ensure you are insured!
Reaction score
www.cambrianguitars.com
Thanks everyone! I'm going to go on over and take a look at Dubbington's bike - it seems like it's exactly what I'm after! I'll let y'all know how I get on....

Those prices are for the 2009 bikes, delivery in December 2008 (from the website). Not sure why 08fz6 thinks they are 2006 bikes? Maybe a simple typo? Australian models? (upside down 9 looks like 6.....) :confused:

Cheers,
Dave

hot4teach

Reaction score
Visit site
I know my dealer in Medford, OR has one in stock. At least he did last Wed. You may be able to save the sales tax, too.

oregonmotorsports.com

BastardWaif

Ensure you are insured!
Reaction score
www.cambrianguitars.com
I was a busy boy today...got me some new duds for riding safely (....or should that be falling off safely? :D ) Checkit: Arai Profile helmet (spensive, but v.nice and a good fit, almost comfy!), AlpineStars S22 mittens, Joe Rocket leather jacket (almost half price, since I'm a big fella!), and some ApineStars 101 booties :rockon:

Also, I paid a visit to everyone's favorite govt agency, the DMV, to get a motorcycle permit. I was too late to take the tests today. The $&#*ers told me I have to do the general car driving written test again AND the motorcycle written test, since it's been more than a year since I got my car license.....that doesn't make any sense to me, but I'll ace the tests tomorrow, mafi problemo.

I'll go back tomorrow morning to do the written tests, then mosey on over to Dubbington's pad to buy his FZ6 in the afternoon. As long as there's nothing wrong with it, I'll be buyin'.

Watch this thread for more SUPER EXCITING news tomorrow...... :rolleyes:

Cheers,
Dave

BastardWaif

Ensure you are insured!
Reaction score
www.cambrianguitars.com
I revisited the DMV and took the two written tests today. Aced them - just one question wrong on each test (and the answers to those questions are debatable IMO). So then I drove up to San Ramon to see Mr. Dubbington, and to cut a long story short, he now has my $$$ and I have his FZ6! It was a great deal and exactly what I was looking for, thanks Dub'. He's a real nice fellow -'twas a pleasure doing business with him. I took the carbon fiber zorst off him too - will put that on the bike this weekend.

I had a bit of trouble getting the clutch/throttle action sorted out at first (stalled it a few times!), but soon got the hang of it. I drove the bike home (about a 3/4 hour trip) and LOVED it. Man, I'd forgotten how much fun riding a bike was!! :D :thumbup:

This new-fangled machine is a VERY different beast than the old Suzuki junker I used to commute on in England all those years ago! It's waaaaay nicer.

Now all I have to do is break it gently to my wife when she comes back tomorrow night..... rut roh :eek:

Cheers,
Dave

Last edited:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I should get something for brokering the deal. Glad everything worked out. Funny, all this came together in a matter of days. Both people posting pretty much the same time and happen to live in the same area. One wanted to sell, one wanted to buy.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Okay, you're welcome. Oh by the way, you got the better end of the deal because you have the bike. A bike that has already been broken in, a bike with an extended warranty, a bike with a aftermarket exhaust, and in perfect condition. Enjoy and be safe out there.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Howdy Folks,

Newbie here. I've been drooling :drool: over getting an FZ6 for a while now. Couple of weeks ago I pulled the trigger and ordered one from my local dealer. However, they're having all sorts of problems finding me one. Seems like there are NONE available in my area (San Jose, CA). I called Yamaha direct and spoke to a nice gent who promised to fax me a list of dealers who had one in stock, but I've yet to see the fax. I'm getting mightily peedoff waiting for "the call" saying that they found me one. When I spoke to my dealer last Friday, he told me that they should have the 2009's in in about 2 to 3 weeks, and the first one they get is mine....

Cheers,
Dave
"BastardWaif" (I couldn't resist the name.....even though I'm not getting an "R" :D )
Good Job B'Waif,

I love the name LOL, good luck.

Nelly