Hi from the end of the world

healegria

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys!! I want to introduce myself. First of all my first language isn't english (Spanish).

I'm Hugo, 40 years old and I live in Chile (southamerica) and just buy a brand new 2009 Black FZ6N :

3431127553_5996fce5a9_b.jpg

My son (like me) is totally in love with the bike and today ask me for a few pics to show in the school, I'm really happy when I found this Forum very useful and I hope to solve and also to help to solve anything related and not related to the bike.

So, congratulations for the webpage and I hope to be in touch with new pics soon

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome Hugo, glad you found us.

Umm, quick point though, the swingarm tells me it's not a 2009 model bike, Yamaha did away with that swingarm (and brakes) in 2006.

Still a great bike though :thumbup:

:)

Steph

Bartender
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Umm, quick point though, the swingarm tells me it's not a 2009 model bike, Yamaha did away with that swingarm (and brakes) in 2006.

Oooo nice catch Stumbles, I didn't even notice that...and I had the silver frame too

healegria

Reaction score
Visit site

Yeah, also I noticed, but you know.. is Sudamerica and belive me, here is a 2009 model. I think Yamaha is still selling and producing this model (the old and cheaper one) for Latinamerica, because the place were I bought it, is full of those old models and none with the new swingarm.

But works for me, my last bike was a 2009 Gilera scooter ad a 2008 Kymco Grndink, so....HUGE improvement :

2876754682_e8ecea8471_o.jpg

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
sorry to hear that you missed out on the updates that happened in 07. but still an amazing bike. some countries make no sense to me, when i went to mexico they are still making "new" cars that are exactly like the mid 90's Sentra's...

healegria

Reaction score
Visit site
sorry to hear that you missed out on the updates that happened in 07. but still an amazing bike. some countries make no sense to me, when i went to mexico they are still making "new" cars that are exactly like the mid 90's Sentra's...

Yes, we are poor hehehehe... no, I think that this is a way for the companies to get competitive prices for our latinamerican reality (low incomes).

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, also I noticed, but you know.. is Sudamerica and belive me, here is a 2009 model. I think Yamaha is still selling and producing this model (the old and cheaper one) for Latinamerica, because the place were I bought it, is full of those old models and none with the new swingarm.

Ahh yeah, good point.

Like I said, still a great bike. I have the same swingarm and brakes, and never been disappointed with it.

You will love the power of the FZ6 over the previous bikes, get out there and have fun.

BranNwebster

The UNO Master
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome dude!

Man it's been a fantasy of mine to go snowboarding in Portillo.

Two places I want to visit in life Chile and New Zealand.

Steph

Bartender
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Your camera is incredible, mind if I ask what it is? Very clear/sharp pics of your little biker boy.