Hi from Chicago

k7tortoisefc

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys!

Went out for a ride last Saturday (Feb 9th), temp was only 36F,
but hey, it wasnt so bad.... :rockon:

My hands were kinda numb after about an hour though lol.

Spring is almost there!!

BTW, any Chicagoland members out there??

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys!

Went out for a ride last Saturday (Feb 9th), temp was only 36F,
but hey, it wasnt so bad.... :rockon:

My hands were kinda numb after about an hour though lol.

Spring is almost there!!

BTW, any Chicagoland members out there??

Hi from Texas.:cheer:

k7tortoisefc

Reaction score
Visit site
Southwest burbs myself. Just relocated to Lisle.

I'd always be up for a ride once I get the bike back out.

Scorpio

I actually got my first bike from a fella in Orland Park and current FZ6 from one near Midway. Must be lots of riders in Southwest!? lol

We should def ride out!

:welcome: Last Sat I was coming back from skiing and you were riding!

Western suburbs here.

Never knew I was being spotted :D And by a fz6 rider!!
I actually had a hard choice between going snowboarding or go riding...
well there's the answer, just couldnt resist lol

Well, Sorta in the neighborhood.. Im A Cheesehead, and damn proud. South WI :rockon:

Envy! There are certainly nice curvy roads in Southwest WI !!

Yay Chicago riders! Western Suburbs/Southside Chicago here. Let me know if ya'll want to meet up.

YAY for another Chicagoan!!

Let's definintely do this!! From the way the weather is being not too harsh this winter we may be able to go out as early as late March I hope??

tejkowskit

Gold Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That is the million dollar question.. where to ride around here lol. I have yet to find a decent ride that lasts over 20 minutes that is fairly close. NW IL and SW WI offer some great riding, though you'll need to allow a full day if not 2 to make it and enjoy the ride.

k7tortoisefc

Reaction score
Visit site
It sure is a million dollar question...

I've been as far up north as the southern shore of Lake Superior which offered great roads, but way too far to get there and back in a weekend 2 days (which i did lol)

Also been South to Southern Indiana which had really good winding country roads.
Again, a little to far to go and back in 2 days (which i did lol)

NW IL/SW WI, I would say, is the closest best...

tejkowskit

Gold Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The starved rock area has some good riding, too, along the IL river. Nothing spectacular, but an option for a day ride. Good hiking too if your into that.

TopPud

-Matt-
Reaction score
Visit site
SW WI, where I go to school..THe Platteville are has amazing roads. Real hilly, scenic and what not. Just gotta take the backroads and cruze. Here all they way up to Mississippi to LaCrosse is beautiful.

long101

Reaction score
Visit site
Another Chicago guy here (wicker park), just picked up my. If we can get some folks together we should have a meet or something. I know nothing about my bike, so would love to see another in person

typezstg

Reaction score
Visit site
Another Chicago guy here (wicker park), just picked up my. If we can get some folks together we should have a meet or something. I know nothing about my bike, so would love to see another in person

Welcome!

I saw a red 07+ fz6 riding in Orland on Monday and a silver 06- parked on..31st east of 90/94?? in Southside Chicago this week. WHO ARE YOU!??! LOL

Let's ride sometime!

zi3jermyn

Reaction score
Visit site
It is awesome to see so many Chicagoland riders here, I have seen a few around town, and a blue one in the west loop, maybe it is some of you.

I am up in the north burbs. I normally ride north up 94 and 41 around North Chicago and into Wisconsin. There is some pretty good riding once you get into southern and southwestern Wisconsin, but it is a few hour trip to get out there. I will have to hit up Platteville one of these weekends.

long101

Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome!

I saw a red 07+ fz6 riding in Orland on Monday and a silver 06- parked on..31st east of 90/94?? in Southside Chicago this week. WHO ARE YOU!??! LOL

Let's ride sometime!

I have a 09 black, currently with a temp plate. Good to hear some other fz6s are around, I have yet to see one that I've noticed.