Hi all, looking for some advice

JayMc

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi how is everybody?
I was wondering if someone could help me.
I bought my FZ6 Fazer about 7 months ago but my restrictions on my licence are finished,
I want to get the restrictors out but the problem is its factory restricted!!
Every garage i go to are telling me different things

Some say it’s electrical, others say its the injectors and some are telling me it cant be derestricted at all!

Maybe im wrong but if it is electrical why would they restrict the throttle also??

a lot of places are telling me to trade it in but i want to keep the bike and don’t want to get rid of it!!

Any advice or does anyone know what factory restrictors are in the FZ6??

Thanks guys!! :)

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi how is everybody?
I was wondering if someone could help me.
I bought my FZ6 Fazer about 7 months ago but my restrictions on my licence are finished,
I want to get the restrictors out but the problem is its factory restricted!!
Every garage i go to are telling me different things

Some say it’s electrical, others say its the injectors and some are telling me it cant be derestricted at all!

Maybe im wrong but if it is electrical why would they restrict the throttle also??

a lot of places are telling me to trade it in but i want to keep the bike and don’t want to get rid of it!!

Any advice or does anyone know what factory restrictors are in the FZ6??

Thanks guys!! :)
What does your registration document say? Are you in the republic or in the North?
look at the power rating.
Scorphonic also has the 33hp restricted version and I beleive he knows how to de-restrict. He is also in Ireland.

Neil

JayMc

Reaction score
Visit site
I have checked all the document i have on the bike and it doesnt say anything about hp anywhere all it says is its restricted to 25 KW.
Yea i live in the republic alright.
Its really anoying the garage i bought it off said there would be no problem getting them out and then when i went back to them they are now saying they cant be taken out

nikijon

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi JayMc

Whenever I bought my FZ6, I had just passed by test. The dealer arranged for a restrictor to be fitted, which they had to order from the manufacturer.

After 6 months, I went back and asked if I could have the restrictor removed. They done this without questions or problems.

The restrictor that was removed was a throttle restrictor and only allowed the throttle to be twisted about a quarter turn. Now that it has been removed, you get full range on the throttle .

They give me the restrictor that was removed and is like a washer with a lug along with another small metal plate.

If yours has the same restrictor, I don't see why the garage can't remove it without any problems.

Hopefully this helps.

Thanks

nikijon

JayMc

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for all your help guys....im determined to get them out...even if ive to rip the bloody thing apart myself, cheers :thumbup:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have checked all the document i have on the bike and it doesnt say anything about hp anywhere all it says is its restricted to 25 KW.
Yea i live in the republic alright.
Its really anoying the garage i bought it off said there would be no problem getting them out and then when i went back to them they are now saying they cant be taken out
Hi Mate,
How far can you twist your throttle? I tried doing a google search for you but drew a blank. Why are the garage being thick?
Have you tried another dealer?
I don't tthink you should dispare though as It sounds like you may have the full 98ps model.
25kw = 33.53 hp. check this link.
Unit Converter

PM scorph and see if he has done his yet.
Neil

Neil

Last edited:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi JayMc

Whenever I bought my FZ6, I had just passed by test. The dealer arranged for a restrictor to be fitted, which they had to order from the manufacturer.

After 6 months, I went back and asked if I could have the restrictor removed. They done this without questions or problems.

The restrictor that was removed was a throttle restrictor and only allowed the throttle to be twisted about a quarter turn. Now that it has been removed, you get full range on the throttle .

They give me the restrictor that was removed and is like a washer with a lug along with another small metal plate.

If yours has the same restrictor, I don't see why the garage can't remove it without any problems.

Hopefully this helps.

Thanks

nikijon
Good post mate, hopefully the rules are the same in he North and the Republic.

Neil

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
sounds like a really really rudamentary restrictor, it should not be hard to get it off if it is the washer and lug nut setup.

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
Good post mate, hopefully the rules are the same in he North and the Republic.

Neil

Good post! for a first post on any forum you just won the award! that is by far the most informitive first post i have ever read! glad to have you on the forum!:thumbup:

JayMc

Reaction score
Visit site
update

Hi Everybody,
One of my mates rang me over the weekend, who knew a mechanic,
So i brought the bike down to him.

Turns out the garage was telling me a load of crap, it was not the CDI electrical box or the injectors...it was just a throttle stop!!!

The two of us removed the restrictor by cutting the little plate that stops the throttle from opening fully and now the bike is on full power!!

Don’t know why the garage where being such arseholes about it, i suspect they didn’t know what they where talking about and made up a load of crap.

Long story short the bike is now fully powered, and its amazing!!! Its like having a brand new bike.

Thanks for all your help and advice,
Jay