Hey all you all you South Aussie FZ6 riders, who's interested in getting together for a ride?

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok boys....you ready for this.....who wants to come for a ride on Saturday!!!!!!!!

Yep, will be back on the bike tomorrow!!!!! Just nned some handle bars!!!

Yep, have spent all day straightening the bike!!!

Gary is a freaking legend!

More in another thread, but for now...who wants to go for a ride on the weekend????

:cheer::D:cheer::D:cheer::D

Gee. Let me think...lol.:D

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Gee. Let me think...lol.:D

Hehehe, now, who woulda guessed??? :rof:

At this stage, I'm in too, Kerry even seems ok with it :eek:

I'll get back to you on it, but at this stage, I'll be there.

:)

That makes 6 of us now...as Gary has just confirmed, himself, Leo (Hayabusa), Matt, and one more...cant remember his name right now...they guy with the zx6r, oh and i will ring Alex (996) tomorrow, am pretty sure he will be up for it too.....which would make 7 bikes......Yippeeeee!

:rockon:

As to where we are gonna meet, i reckon Macca's at Darlington would be a good bet! will confirm that tomorrow!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Okay, tomorrows ride......destination unknown! Meeting point is Mc Donalds at Darlington, we are planning on leaving at 10am sharp.

So far we have

Ozzieboy
Stumbles
Me & my son, Aidin (pillion).
Gary (z1000)
Matt (MT-01)
Jeremy (ZX9R)
Leo (Busa!)

No Alex....sore shoulder!

And if anyone else wants to come, let us know Asap.

Can everyone, including me, to be ready for a 10am start, gassed up, Tyres checked, and if you want brekky at Macca's ...be early!

Weather is looking mighty fine.

Adusanju

Reaction score
Visit site
hi folks am back in civilization...wolfman ...holy crap !!:eek::eek: about your crash...but great to hear that's all's well (almost) finally !!

Had been really busy post Chirstmas getting move organised etc and then was away for a few days.

So I will defnintely join you tomorrow. I have a BBQ to go to in the arvo so may leave early - but see you at 10am at Darlington.

Probably be my last ride in SA with you folks :( before I meet the legend of Brissy ....

See you tomorrow.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
hi folks am back in civilization...wolfman ...holy crap !!:eek::eek: about your crash...but great to hear that's all's well (almost) finally !!

Had been really busy post Chirstmas getting move organised etc and then was away for a few days.

So I will defnintely join you tomorrow. I have a BBQ to go to in the arvo so may leave early - but see you at 10am at Darlington.

Probably be my last ride in SA with you folks :( before I meet the legend of Brissy ....

See you tomorrow.

Yep, comeback of he Year, so far! Lol! Awesome, that's 8 bikes now....that should look awesome on bike cam from my position as camera bike tomorrow....yep, i plan to be backmarker tomorrow......:eek:

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yep, comeback of he Year, so far! Lol! Awesome, that's 8 bikes now....that should look awesome on bike cam from my position as camera bike tomorrow....yep, i plan to be backmarker tomorrow......:eek:

I hope my Draggin Jeans don't make my bum look big then:eek:...lol.:D

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks again guys:thumbup:. Another great ride, although we did misplace Adusanju:eek:, who took the shorter, straighter route to our destination. We saw his bike there but couldn't see him:(.

We then split up into separate groups for the journey home and after grabbing some fuel, Stumbles and myself headed back the way we came:rockon: (mostly).

Stopped at my place and had a look at the cam footage, which came out pretty well and then Dave shot home:D.

In the end I didn't get a coffee but it was a good day anyhow...lol.:thumbup:

Cheers
Mike

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yup, had a ball, even if I was last to Victa again...lmao. (Not a problem, it's the way I am, it's the way I ride).

Mike, what was that corrugated road we went on... Echunga??? Think that's what killed my butt :rof: Be another awesome road if it wasn't so rough.

Till next time, ride safe.

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yup, had a ball, even if I was last to Victa again...lmao. (Not a problem, it's the way I am, it's the way I ride).

Mike, what was that corrugated road we went on... Echunga??? Think that's what killed my butt :rof: Be another awesome road if it wasn't so rough.

Till next time, ride safe.

Ah yes. When that road was last redone it was primo. Used to love cruising through there on my XS. Ground movement, tree roots and water run-off have made it a little harsh on the toosh:spank::spank::spank:...lol.

But it is the best and quickest way to go from one major artery to the next in order to get to Old Willunga Hill road:thumbup:. The one where you said, "Where are we," when I asked if you were coming back to my place for a cold drink. That hill we came down was my tire scrubbing in road.:rockon::rockon::rockon:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Was great to be back on the Bike today.....what great weather for riding we had...nice cruise for most of the ride. D was great!!!!

Skanked home the short way once we hit Victor....have a house guest, who was home with Aidin, who i needed to get back home to, and i was also very aware of going too hard, first time back out on the bike, had a good 15 minute burst at one point, managed to catch my target....Mike!

Had another Bird go Kamikaze on me again today in almost exactly the same spot as last time.....i was riding along thinking, this is where the Bird attacked me last time...then next thing, there are 2 birds on a dive bomb mission!

Got it all on video this time, is pretty funny to watch.

Guys, thanks for putting up with my whinging butt for the last couple of weeks....now i am back on the bike, i might chill out now!

Again, so freaking happy, and amazed to be back on the bike right now!

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Cant wait for the video footage guys , sounds like you had the weather gods a little bit busy smiling on you and forgot to leave time for him to get to us :spank:...... Im looking forward to meeting our new Bris Fizzer when he gets here :thumbup:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Cant wait for the video footage guys , sounds like you had the weather gods a little bit busy smiling on you and forgot to leave time for him to get to us :spank:...... Im looking forward to meeting our new Bris Fizzer when he gets here :thumbup:

If you can find him...dissapeared into thin air today!

:eek:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Was great to be back on the Bike today.....what great weather for riding we had...nice cruise for most of the ride. D was great!!!!

Skanked home the short way once we hit Victor....have a house guest, who was home with Aidin, who i needed to get back home to, and i was also very aware of going too hard, first time back out on the bike, had a good 15 minute burst at one point, managed to catch my target....Mike!

Had another Bird go Kamikaze on me again today in almost exactly the same spot as last time.....i was riding along thinking, this is where the Bird attacked me last time...then next thing, there are 2 birds on a dive bomb mission!

Got it all on video this time, is pretty funny to watch.

Guys, thanks for putting up with my whinging butt for the last couple of weeks....now i am back on the bike, i might chill out now!

Again, so freaking happy, and amazed to be back on the bike right now!

So glad to hear your back on it mate :thumbup: , how'd it feel ?(the bike that is) No issue's anywhere ?

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
LOL , i suspect foul play :spank:..... You guy's will do anything to keep him to yourselves :D

PMSL. No mate. No shenanigans here. Dave and myself saw him again dissapear somewhere down towards the Esplanade on the way out again.:confused:

As for video footage, my battery went flat and I didn't get a thing;).

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So glad to hear your back on it mate :thumbup: , how'd it feel ?(the bike that is) No issue's anywhere ?

Apart from a front tyre that kept losing air, which was fixed eventually, the bike feels better than before the accident.....Got my new Bars in a better position, New Tyres are now well in the grip zone, and i have lost about 5kg's in weight in the last 2 week, so she was pulling a little harder too today.

Need a steering damper though...big time...am utterly convinced now, very shaky head at certain speeds...not the first time, but will be the last...getting a steering damper this week!

:thumbup:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Apart from a front tyre that kept losing air, which was fixed eventually, the bike feels better than before the accident.....Got my new Bars in a better position, New Tyres are now well in the grip zone, and i have lost about 5kg's in weight in the last 2 week, so she was pulling a little harder too today.

Need a steering damper though...big time...am utterly convinced now, very shaky head at certain speeds...not the first time, but will be the last...getting a steering damper this week!

:thumbup:

Good to hear , because a lot of bikes never feel the same after a crash..... Ive been toying with the idea of a damper myself , let me know how it goes :thumbup:...... Im gunna lose a few Kg's this year so i hope mine will pull hard to :D

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Good to hear , because a lot of bikes never feel the same after a crash..... Ive been toying with the idea of a damper myself , let me know how it goes :thumbup:...... Im gunna lose a few Kg's this year so i hope mine will pull hard to :D

I'm probably going to stay the same weight...lol...unless an arm falls off.

They really do need a steering damper and I'll be getting one eventually too.

Oh and Mr. Humpy, did you get my PM?:thumbup::D

Cheers
Mike