help

wrlomas

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everybody. I need some help. I am at a hotel in vegas and my bike overheated. I don't have my laptop with me and search doesn't work on my phone for some reason. I have coolant in the overflow tank. The fan doesn't run with the key on but spins freely by hand switch off. It was too hot to open the rad and look. I will do that in a bit when it cools down. Any ideas on what to check after fluid in the rad. I don't have my laptop with my service manual on it. Thanks for any tips.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Could it be a blown fuse? What hotel are you in? Depending what part of town you're at I can direct you to a shop close by or the local Vegas Motorcycle Forum and one of the member can help you out.

http://scsportbikes.org/

wrlomas

Reaction score
Visit site
ok, here's the deal. Motogiro called me and saved my butt. Thanks Cliff. He gave me the troubleshoot flow chart and I quickly determined it was the fan that was bad. I had to go to the stealership and order a new one. 472$ for the fan and it would take 6 days. I opted for a quick ship and paid an additional 120$ and it arrived the next day. I installed the new fan and it worked like a dream. I loaded up the RV in vegas and towed to Laughlin and had a great time at the river run. Mostly harleys but people were very nice. I was a very rare rider in attgat. Got a lot of snarky comments from guys in shorts and a dew rag for riding gear but oh well. I rode all over and had a blast. Down to Havasu and Pirates cove and blasted up to hover dam. Rode route 66 to Oatman and then south to needles area. Great time all in all. I then trailered to williams arizona and did the grand canyon loop and stayed in the park. From there I went to Flaggstaff and rode down to sedona thru oak creek canyon and back. Left there and hit the painted desert for a quick day ride. Up to santa fe and took the backroad to taos and back on the bike. I am in colorado springs today waiting out a snow storm then I'm off to minnesota for some sprint car racing then Toronto and the muskokas for a few months. Moab in september then back to santa rosa for the winter. Thanks again to Motogiro, he went above and beyond to help me out. I can't seem to make the search work within the site. I get, sorry no searches match your request all the time. What am I doing wrong? I found the info by doing a google search that led me back to the forum. Any search tips for a idiot like me? This is a great group and I am proud to be a member. Thanks everybody!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Awe shucks! wuddint nuttin... So many great people on our forum!

Thank you peoples! :)

One of my brothers in Jersey was looking at property in Kingman and took my baby sis who we hadn't seen in like 20 years. My wife, brother and I kept it as a surprise and drove out to that area and surprised my sister. We had a great time and drove out to Oatman. They have a lot of donkies. Wild and smart asses right in town.

The donkies are friendly and really cute. If you look into they're big brown eyes you just might fall in love! They will feed you treats n stuff!

AZ%25206_09%2520291_25p.jpg