help

FZ6jersey

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi whats up everybody. Im new here and unforunatly my first post is a problem. A rock came up and cracked my licence plate holder. I took it off because it was dangling and seemed dangerous. I cut the the wires for the turn signals and licence plate light and soldered them back on once i got everything back together. Now My bike won't start and i have a code that says "ER_1" does anybody have any idea what could be the issue here?
THanks Josh
2008 FZ6

youngy

Reaction score
Visit site
Er-1 = ECU Internal Malfunction meaning no signals are received from the ECU by the meter assembly.

I would suspect you've blown the fuse powering the ECU or clocks when you made your wiring modification.

and :welcome:

Last edited:

Haelous

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:

Troubleshooting logic would suggest to first undo what you just did to see if it resolves the problem, even if it seems unlikely.

You're better off unplugging the cables instead of cutting them again. They're under the left side pod, black and grey plastic connectors for the turn signals, and then two bullet-style connectors for the plate light.

Er-1 = ECU Internal Malfunction meaning no signals are received from the ECU by the meter assembly.

I would suspect you've blown the fuse powering the ECU or clocks when you made your wiring modification.

and :welcome:

...and with what the error code is, yeah. What this guy said. :)

Is there a table of the error codes, or are they just in the service manual? Sorry, I haven't gone through it yet. It might be helpful to post them at the top of this forum.

Good luck OP!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:to the forum!

That code will also come up when your battery is totally dead. Do the obvious and check your battery connections and make sure they're secure. Get a voltmeter and check that you have 12+ volts. If you shorted a circuit on the lighting system it should blow a fuse but It shouldn't blow a main fuse. I can't imagine why the bike wouldn't start without the lights unless the the ECU knows the lights are out and won't allow it to start. I've never heard of that though.
When you turn the key on do the running lights come on?

Last edited:

bd43

Staff member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This might be too late, but did you know that further up the wire harness for the plate and signal lights on the left side of the bike hidden behind the rear pod covers, you can disconnect the wires nicely without cutting up the harness?

5851d1216565246-pulling-out-your-stock-exhaust-dp_exhaust_13.jpg

For future considerations. ;)

P.S. Welcome to the forum. :cheer:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Is there a table of the error codes, or are they just in the service manual? Sorry, I haven't gone through it yet. It might be helpful to post them at the top of this forum.

Good luck OP![/QUOTE]

Fault codes are the 4th section down in the tech section....