Help with my Cortech 21 L tank bag

adavi491

Reaction score
Visit site
I just bought a bunch of luggage for my baby :)

Cortech tri bag system which i figured out how to stabilize. Now the tank bag i have no idea how to put that on. I spend 30 minutes last night trying to figure out how to do it. It's the strap version because i didn't want the magnets potentially erasing my electronics if i ever had to put them in there. Could some of you post pictures of how you strapped yours down? Specifically that model if possible? I searched the forms already for this and could find an appropriate post.

Once i got it all set up i will post a informational on how to strap them and i'll do a review of some of the gear i bought recently.

Thanks so much.

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
Well, seeing as how magnets won't erase your electronics (unless you're still using floppy disks, and even then, maybe) you should just return it and get the magnetic version.

I have no advice on strapping, I use the magnetic tankbag.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have that bag on my 11 and it works so-so. I can't get the bag to stay still on the tank even if I tighten the straps down. I had the magnetic bag on my FZ and loved it, easy on, easy off and stays put. I'd suggest you exchange bags.

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
Magnents are bad for hard drives, but they would have to be pretty strong magnents.

My nelson-rigg tankbag has incredibly strong magnents and i'm scared to put my wallet or phone in it.

adavi491

Reaction score
Visit site
So what is the point of having a tank bag then.... (rhetorical question).

I guess some reading and questions at the dealer might help with this dilemma.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My tank bag is like my purse...:rolleyes:...I have a bandana, insurance and registration papers, owners manual, bungee cords, chapstick, change, granola bars, sunglasses, maps, ear plugs and some other crap. I use my back pack for my lap top and larger things.

Did you notice the niffy shoulder straps in the base of the bag? Very manly.

mkjeld76

USCG Retired
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the smaller cortech bag and front straps drop down under and around forks the rear strap loops through gas tank hinge I can take pictures if needed I don't use it when I commute to work I just throw everything in my hugh a$$ Shad sh50 trunk :D

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Loads of things go in my tankbag when we are travelling. I have never had any problems with credit cards, cameras etc and they must have done thousands of miles near those tank magnets.

Steve

CrazyBiker

Superbike Champion
Reaction score
Visit site
Whats the problem with a laptop? Infact I intend to buy a tall 3 piece tank bag that doubles as a backpack just for that purpose.

gmickey2001

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a Cargo "Endurance" magnetic tank bag. The magnets seem very strong, I have never worried about what I put in it and have never had any problems with mag strips or electronic devices.

Just a note, make sure you use the tether in addition to the magnets on these bags. When I crashed the bag left the bike but remained attached by only the tether on the handlebars.

CrazyBiker

Superbike Champion
Reaction score
Visit site
I bought this bag from Motopak. Very nice! http://www.motopakluggage.com/gt35.html
gt35-grey1.jpg

gt35-2.jpg

gt35-3.jpg

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Key word is "read"... Nothing will happen to any of you electronics or credit cards... just another "old wives" tale...

Actually if you swiped a magnet across a magnetic strip on your credit/atm card you could damage data.
In most cases your not going to do that. The strength of the field and proximity to it are factors.
I use a magnetic tank bag and put my wallet in the top portion and don't worry about it. I wouldn't wave my wallet close to those magnets though.

Magnetism is fascinating. Think about it. We pass a wire through a magnetic field and produce electricity.