Help with FZ6N to FZ6 Fazer conversion

gilgamesh

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello people,

This is my first post here.

I own a 2005 Naked FZ6 and I'm interested in converting it to a faired FZ6 as I want to do more touring with it. I am interested in making it look like the stock faired FZ6 Fazer.

Does any one of you have experience with this kind of conversion, and if so I would appreciate some information like: what parts do i need, where can I buy this parts. Does anyone have the necessary used parts for sale and can ship them within the EU.

Thanks a lot.

PS. I am willing to trade my FZ6N specific parts (stock headlight, mirrors) after I finish the conversion.

Last edited:

Latin Livin'

Reaction score
Visit site
[MENTION=26179]gilgamesh[/MENTION] I have a 2005 FZ6 with the fairing that I was going to convert into a naked bike. I would be definitely interested in a factory conversion. I live in the US so shipping wouldn't be a hassle.

Have you done the conversion yet?

gilgamesh

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys, sorry for not replying earlier.
I didn't do the conversion as I didn't find the necessary parts. I have kind of given up on the project as I think it's not feasible and I don't have enough info on how to do the conversion.

Last edited:

aclayonb

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm doing it now, but from a weird angle. I converted to naked, sold my original parts, and am converting back to faired. If you look at the parts fiche, it will tell you all the part numbers (in case you want to pay OEM prices) but not the screw sizes. I used partsfish.com.

You will need a S1 headlight wiring harness (originally for dual headlight), headlight assembly, upper body cowling, L and R visor fairings, L and R inner panels, the fairing stay, mirror assemblies, and windshield. You will also need the "bracket 2" and "bracket 3", as well as the flasher stays from the "flasher assembly" page.

Fairing-stay screws are M8x1.25x40mm

Any screws that says "truss head tapping" is a #10 3/4" wood screw (only thing with the right threat pitch - add your own washer)

Exterior fairing screws are 6mmx1.0x(whatever length you want: 20mm-ish)

Inner panel screws are M5x.8x(whatever length you want: 13mm-ish)

Windscreen screws are M5x.8x13mm PLASTIC screws (breakaway design for wrecks)

I spent about $30 in various stainless steel bolts, nylon washers, lock washers, etc from a local hardware place. The OEM crap will rust quickly. I would try to get a complete set from someone that went naked, just so you get everything that you need. Inevitably, some random screws, etc will be missing so make friends with your local hardware guy.

After all of this PITA heartache, however, I realized that I should have just bought an older FJR1300 and been done with it. But, I'm dumb and always need a project....

gilgamesh

Reaction score
Visit site
[MENTION=23482]aclayonb[/MENTION] thanks for the great info, but I think you're right, it's a PITA and not a feasible project. But great info anyway for someone who might want to do this conversion.