Help the helpless...

FZ6_WVU

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Visit site
Quick question for any that has put sliders on their bike.

I was bored over the weekend so I ordered a pare of cheap frame sliders off of eBay. They showed up today and one is about inch longer than the other.. Is this right or did I get what I paid for?

DownrangeFuture

Electronic Repair Genius
Reaction score
Visit site
Umm... Mine are even. I have motovation sliders.

Got what you paid for I guess. Although if you mean the small inner parts, one bolt holes is longer than the other. The big fat parts shoulld be the same size.

phranK2k11

Chat Camper :)
Reaction score
Visit site
I have T-rex sliders on my 06' they are NOT equal length. The right side is 2" the left is 2 1/2". It seems like this might be because the frame is wider on the right. if you stand directly behind the bike you'll see the difference. I bet if you draw a center line and measure to the end of the sliders its the same #

just my .02 on this though
i've been wrong before :eek:

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
I have T-rex sliders on my 06' they are NOT equal length. The right side is 2" the left is 2 1/2". It seems like this might be because the frame is wider on the right. if you stand directly behind the bike you'll see the difference. I bet if you draw a center line and measure to the end of the sliders its the same #

just my .02 on this though
i've been wrong before :eek:

Your right the ones made for the bike are suposed to be like that because of the frame diff the generic ones are equal

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

nabaah

Reaction score
Visit site
Mine are offset like that too. On the left side the stator cover sticks out further. You put the longer one on the right side to protect the stator cover. I was thinking the same thing when I got mine.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Huh. I got these Yamaha FZ6 600 Fazer Frame Sliders 04+ So it's not like I got cruddy generic ones.

And both frame sliders touch before hard parts. Ask me how I know. :spank:

Not sure then thats deff not the cruddy generic ones but maybe they just take there universal ones and add the rigjt hardware for ours bikes but either way as long as it protects the bike thats all that matters

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

FZ6_WVU

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for all the responses. Once I got home and started to really look at it, I came up with the longer one needing to go on the left.

Thanks again!!!