Help! Pros & Cons '07 FZ6 vs '07 SV1000s

Keits

Dela-Where?
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.myspace.com
Alright, seriously contemplating selling the FZ6 after only 10 months and picking up an SV1000s. Don't get me wrong, the fizzer has been great to me. She's my 1st bike and bought her new in early May 2008. After about 7000 miles I just feel like I'm ready for something different. Test rode a '04 SV1000s at the local bike shop and loved it though I don't think I will ever love the grunt of the V-Twin over the scream of inline 4 at 12000 rpms. Anyway, for those of you familiar with the SV, I do realize Suzuki has discontinued them and don't know how that will affect the availability of parts.
Am I missing any considerations??

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Great bike. You'll love the grunt too. I believe roadstergirl's husband has one. I would also expect lots of parts to be interchangeable with other suzukis but who knows...

Cali rider

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, parts have to be made available through the manufacturer for 10 yrs after the vehicle was sold. In most cases, Japanese motorcycle parts are sitting in warehouses for 20+ yrs so I wouldn't worry about it.

As far as the comparison between the FZ and the SV it was discussed here within the past year, search for the thread for some valid input that might help you make your decision.