New FZ6, Seattle

thedrew

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all - made a complete impulse purchase today... Regretted it immediately after, but clocked about 60 miles this afternoon on it, and loved every minute of it. :)

Here's my '07 in red...
.Mac Web Gallery

Anyhow, looks like a great community here!

I've been riding for a few years now, went from a '90 GS500 to a '04 SV650s, traded the SV then bought a Kawi Vulcan 900 Custom, and as of today the '07 FZ6.

I decided to hang onto the Vulcan, its a blast to ride and with the Cobra slashdowns it absolutely roars... But I look forward to commuting and sporting with the FZ6.

Paid MSRP OTD and went ahead and included the pre-paid service into the deal.

Initial impressions... this is my first I-4 bike... can't say I'm in love with the quiet buzz, used to the rumble and grunt of a twin... My GS was louder, my SV had Leo Vince, and Vulcan sounds better than any Harley I've heard. But I like the smoothness, its very well-mannered. I'm not a racer, I don't want to lay on top of the tank. I love the ergos, I'm 6'1" w/ a 34" inseam, 175lbs and it fits my long limbs very comfortably.

Welcome to the site and to the FZ. You will learn the ways of the inline 4 engine. The red looks awesome!

Why did you regret it immediately?

Impulse Buy? You must work for Microsoft. Welcome, nice pics. I really like the red, but mines blue, an 06. There are several riders from Washington, one members not too far away, I believe he's from Olympia, but he rides really fast. Have fun.

Hello all - made a complete impulse purchase today... Regretted it immediately after, but clocked about 60 miles this afternoon on it, and loved every minute of it. :)

Here's my '07 in red...
.Mac Web Gallery

Anyhow, looks like a great community here!

I've been riding for a few years now, went from a '90 GS500 to a '04 SV650s, traded the SV then bought a Kawi Vulcan 900 Custom, and as of today the '07 FZ6.

I decided to hang onto the Vulcan, its a blast to ride and with the Cobra slashdowns it absolutely roars... But I look forward to commuting and sporting with the FZ6.

Paid MSRP OTD and went ahead and included the pre-paid service into the deal.

Initial impressions... this is my first I-4 bike... can't say I'm in love with the quiet buzz, used to the rumble and grunt of a twin... My GS was louder, my SV had Leo Vince, and Vulcan sounds better than any Harley I've heard. But I like the smoothness, its very well-mannered. I'm not a racer, I don't want to lay on top of the tank. I love the ergos, I'm 6'1" w/ a 34" inseam, 175lbs and it fits my long limbs very comfortably.

They say it is best to trust your first impluse, you made a great decision!

This is my first I4 too. Actually it is my first 4-stroke it will take a while to get use to a bike the buzzes and the noise. Nothing sounds like a 2-stroke with expansion chambers. I am yet to ride mine it won't stop snowing here. Mine was kind of an impulse buy I was going to buy one this year then couldn't wait any longer at least it looks good in the garage! It looks like the snow mights melt this Sunday so I can go for a short ride

Great pics, hope you can get it out soon. The one thing that got me was your curbs. I hadn't seen those roll up curbs in years as they're all squared off now.

Impulse Buy? You must work for Microsoft. Welcome, nice pics. I really like the red, but mines blue, an 06. There are several riders from Washington, one members not too far away, I believe he's from Olympia, but he rides really fast. Have fun.

Not quite, non-profit employee here...

I work for Boys & Girls Clubs of King County. :)

Welcome to our family! You will not regret that impulse buy, and like our other "twin" fanboys you will come to love stretching her legs!

Back