Help Needed with routing!

RideFz6Style

Reaction score
Visit site
I am new to my 2007 fz6. Recently while looking over the bike I found a hose just freely hanging near my exhaust header. I traced it back to the coolant overflow bottle. I tried to find where this should be routed but the part diagrams do not help.

If you follow the link My Yamaha Prompt - Parts Catalog

If link does not work it's a 2007, then you go to radiator hose to pull up the diagram I am referring to.
I have questions about where hose 40 and 42 should be correctly routed to. Is 40 just an overflow hose that should not be attached to anything? What does 42 attach to? The reason I ask is that coolant shot out of hose 40 I believe, right when I turned off my bike the other day.

Sorry if this is a repeat question, but I have been looking all day. Thanks for your help!

Last edited:

tyler2011

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't have the same year bike but looking at the diagram, part 40 seems to be the overflow hose for the reservoir and 42 will be the hose that connects to the radiator just below the cap, this allows the coolant to flow between the radiator and reservoir as the coolant expands and contracts with heat and allows air to escape the system through the reservoir.

Coolant should only come out of hose 40 if the reservoir is completely full.