Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I made a bracket from sheet aluminum which went under the Mirror mount on a faired bike (not an FZ).

It was simple and plenty strong. Make a paper pattern, cut to shape, drill your mounting holes, and twist into shape if the mount doesn't accommodate the angle you need.

I used 0.125" sheet aluminum which was overkill, but its what I had. We sprayed it black and it took less than 30" to fab up (longer for the paint to dry).

When / if I get G pro, I'll mount mine there as I don't need my own video capturing Hoon like habits * IF * my Speedo should go beyond the posted limits. :rolleyes:

ChanceCoats123

Reaction score
Visit site
I made a bracket from sheet aluminum which went under the Mirror mount on a faired bike (not an FZ).

It was simple and plenty strong. Make a paper pattern, cut to shape, drill your mounting holes, and twist into shape if the mount doesn't accommodate the angle you need.

I used 0.125" sheet aluminum which was overkill, but its what I had. We sprayed it black and it took less than 30" to fab up (longer for the paint to dry).

When / if I get G pro, I'll mount mine there as I don't need my own video capturing Hoon like habits * IF * my Speedo should go beyond the posted limits. :rolleyes:

+1. My plan (once I get a camera) is to reuse the original fairing-mounting holes towards the front of the frame (not the ones which the fairing stay mounts to, but the holes for mounting the fairing supports on either side).

Stephen ingham

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys, thanks for the replies.
what i ideally want is either to be able to mount on the bike somewhere and be able to leave it on and not have to keep taking it off or mount it somewhere that it can be mounted and detached quickly and easily.

2007Fizzer

Senior rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys, thanks for the replies.
what i ideally want is either to... be able to leave it on... or mount it somewhere that it can be mounted and detached quickly and easily.

I use the big suction cup mount, plus the long hinged/pivoting stem with two separate tilt points/knobs, and stick it on the fuel tank in front of the fuel filler. The two point adjustable stem makes it easy to get just the right angle from the camera to the road. A little bit of spit makes it cling tightly enough to do the ton (though I admit to using a piece of parachute cord as a worst case, keep it attached to the bike no matter what, peace of mind restraint). And it comes off super easily if I stop for lunch - just throw it in my Givi bags and lock them. The windshield keeps the camera clean of bugs, rain and road debris. Of course, if you do get pulled over for doing the ton, the GoPro may have some damning evidence!