*HELP* How to reinstall the headlight bulb holder

Xanxus

Reaction score
Visit site
:confused:Okay, n00b here but I am COMPLETELY lost on how to put the headlight bulb holder back in place! I went out and bought a new bulb because I thought the lowbeam on the right headlight was out. So, after much spitting and cursing I see the bulb holder. I unscrew it and *PING* it pops out. I install the new bulb and little did I know (I've had my bike for going on 72 hours now) that only one side is on with the low beams. So, I decide to keep the new bulb anyway and I have no clue how to put the holder back in. I feel like its a puzzle and I feel super dumb because no one else seems to have had this issue. So, with my head down low, can someone explain how it goes back in there, please?:confused:

Carlos840

Reaction score
Visit site
There shouldn't be any screwing involved, all you should do is unclip the plastic connector going to the back of the bulb. You should then see a metal clip that looks a bit like a bent paper clip. Just press the edge to unclip it, change bulb, clip it back.

Remember not to touch the glass surface with your fingers.

This video although not of an FZ6 shows the procedure pretty well around 25 seconds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqxOYVHAUQ8

Xanxus

Reaction score
Visit site
You should then see a metal clip that looks a bit like a bent paper clip.

THAT'S the part that popped off. I guees I misread the instructions in the manual. Maybe I need to find a photo of what it looks like installed to see if I can realign and put it back in...

Carlos840

Reaction score
Visit site
THAT'S the part that popped off. I guees I misread the instructions in the manual. Maybe I need to find a photo of what it looks like installed to see if I can realign and put it back in...

How about you check the other side, take out the bulb the correct way so you understand how it works, and try to get the clip back on the side you fudged up...

Xanxus

Reaction score
Visit site
How about you check the other side, take out the bulb the correct way so you understand how it works, and try to get the clip back on the side you fudged up...

I was going to do that yesterday, but I had thought since there were two different bulbs, the clips would be different, also, I was running out of light. I was also hoping someone else had made the bone headed mistake I had. Oh well, checking the other side may be the best idea. Thanks, mate.

Carlos840

Reaction score
Visit site
I was going to do that yesterday, but I had thought since there were two different bulbs, the clips would be different, also, I was running out of light. I was also hoping someone else had made the bone headed mistake I had. Oh well, checking the other side may be the best idea. Thanks, mate.

You should have one side with an H4 bulb, and one with an H7 bulb, they have the same installation process, the H4 just has an extra filament.