Help for HID install?

GConn

Squid hater
Reaction score
Visit site
I decided to install my HID kit today. But I have one question. The kit wiring needs to be connected on the battery positive (red) and negative (black).

Those wires came with ring connectors (see pic). At the same time he supplied some other type of connectors (see other pic). The ring would be normally fine, but I already have other rings under the battery screw. So ring won't do the job.

So,if I remove the ring terminal and install the other type on the wire, where will I have to connect? On the battery relays?

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i think that those other connectors are if you wanted to Ghetto install into the slots of the original headlight wires rather than tapping into the wires properly. You got the Bi-Xenon kit correct? If i remember correctly from my old kit the positive and negative to the battery is only to power the relay that controls the Hi/Low bulb magnet and has very little draw on it, so you "should" be able to tap into almost any constant power lead, but straight to the batter would probably be best.

I lok forward to seeing how the high beam turns out.

GConn

Squid hater
Reaction score
Visit site
i think that those other connectors are if you wanted to Ghetto install into the slots of the original headlight wires rather than tapping into the wires properly. You got the Bi-Xenon kit correct? If i remember correctly from my old kit the positive and negative to the battery is only to power the relay that controls the Hi/Low bulb magnet and has very little draw on it, so you "should" be able to tap into almost any constant power lead, but straight to the batter would probably be best.

I lok forward to seeing how the high beam turns out.

Bought longer screws for battery and used the rings instead.

Yes it's the Bi-Xenon. How did you fix the bulb in the H4 slot to stay steady? On a side note, DUDE STOP FORGETTING MY PMs :D

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Bought longer screws for battery and used the rings instead.

Yes it's the Bi-Xenon. How did you fix the bulb in the H4 slot to stay steady? On a side note, DUDE STOP FORGETTING MY PMs :D

my H4 is still stock, does it not fit properly?

I "will receive an e-mail with the requested information"

When i get it i will let you know what it says.

GConn

Squid hater
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey, I was at a job interview. Just got back. I am going to loose the tie and have a go with the Xenon kit....cheers (I was kidding before, bad joke??)

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey, I was at a job interview. Just got back. I am going to loose the tie and have a go with the Xenon kit....cheers (I was kidding before, bad joke??)

nope, not a bad joke at all, i had forgotten again, I am bad at remembering stuff...

GConn

Squid hater
Reaction score
Visit site
I have installed the HID on the left side (on my bike that is the H4 bulb). It is a Bi-Xenon. The other headlight (the low beam side) is disconnected so the pics show the lighting from the Bi-Xenon only.

Low beam in first 2 pics, high beam on in the 3rd

BH17

Reaction score
Visit site
Where did you get it from? So was the installation process easy? Would you suggest it? Thanks :)

GConn

Squid hater
Reaction score
Visit site
Where did you get it from? So was the installation process easy? Would you suggest it? Thanks :)

I got it from ebay. Many people say we should be carefull about buying these cheap kits off ebay because they can cause damage etc etc. I showed it to the man installing my alarm and he said that the worst thing that could happen is the ballast gets toast when you are in the middle of nowhere and you have to come back home with no lights. But then again, we have 2 of them!

Installation... very easy. In the left side of the inner fairings I have all the wiring of the bike. Putting the kit in there causes a bit of a mess (PITA) but on the other side it should be VERY easy.

Connect relay wiring to battery positive and negative, replace the H4 bulb and connect all 3 parts (relay, harness, bulb). It's done.

GConn

Squid hater
Reaction score
Visit site
I took the bike out last night to test them. Oncoming traffic did not complain about glare. Not at any time. I even had the high beam switched on for some time to test oncoming traffic and still no complaints.

BUT, if you see the pics the light is scattered a bit on the left. That's good for Cyprus (we drive on the left lane of the road). I don't know if riding in the right lane would cause gale to the oncoming traffic (on the left).

BTW, even if the lighting pattern is not as focused as the hallogen was, I think the difference is huge. I can easily see better than with stock hallogens.

GConn

Squid hater
Reaction score
Visit site
Just thoughts: This is the 1st xenon bulb I've ever seen so, I wouldn't know if there are different kind of housings...I guess it is normal but I thought I should post it anyways.

My H4 bulb included a metal housing as in picture. Maybe it could be different in some other brands?

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just thoughts: This is the 1st xenon bulb I've ever seen so, I wouldn't know if there are different kind of housings...I guess it is normal but I thought I should post it anyways.

My H4 bulb included a metal housing as in picture. Maybe it could be different in some other brands?

Looks like the same deal that the H4 Bi-Xenon i have in my tool box has...

Zanch

Reaction score
Visit site
I took the bike out last night to test them. Oncoming traffic did not complain about glare. Not at any time. I even had the high beam switched on for some time to test oncoming traffic and still no complaints.

BUT, if you see the pics the light is scattered a bit on the left. That's good for Cyprus (we drive on the left lane of the road). I don't know if riding in the right lane would cause gale to the oncoming traffic (on the left).

BTW, even if the lighting pattern is not as focused as the hallogen was, I think the difference is huge. I can easily see better than with stock hallogens.

Whenever I test my stuff I have a friend drive around me and lmk what the problems are... there's always room for adjustment. Typically the Ebay kits are good for ~6 months depending on how many times they cycle on / off. You can go read stuff about them. Basically they're the abandoned OEM designs from when they were still trying to get them right. The problem with them is that they have an 80% or so failure rate.

Good news is that typically the igniters are what goes bad, and they usually don't just fail. When i was running my ebay kit I had to flick the lights on and off twice or a couple times to make sure the HID's lit up.