Helmet that can beat the summer heat.

jrolle

Reaction score
Visit site
I've been using an RF-1100 and haven't had many problems with it, if it gets too hot for me I just use the little switch that either locks the shield or cracks it open slightly to get plenty of flow without irritating my eyes. I've only been miserable in it when I get stuck in traffic on 100 degree+ days, and I don't think any amount of venting will help you when you aren't moving.

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've only been miserable in it when I get stuck in traffic on 100 degree+ days, and I don't think any amount of venting will help you when you aren't moving.

That's where the Shark Evoline series of helemts are fantastic.

Stuck in traffic, you just raise the visor and chin-bar all in one and you've go an instant open face helmet.

Easy to open AND close one handed, for when traffic starts to move - and combined with the integrated sunvisor, I really don't know howe I ever lived without it!

Cheers,
Rick

Pics:
WP_000237.jpg

WP_000235.jpg

WP_000232.jpg

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
I've been using an RF-1100 and haven't had many problems with it, if it gets too hot for me I just use the little switch that either locks the shield or cracks it open slightly to get plenty of flow without irritating my eyes. I've only been miserable in it when I get stuck in traffic on 100 degree+ days, and I don't think any amount of venting will help you when you aren't moving.

+1 I have a white RF 1000, and last summer was 105+ everyday, and I was fine.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the RF1100 and the ventilation works well compared to other helmets I've had. It was 109 here on Friday!

Last edited: