A big hello to all of our friends in the US :thumbup:

Im after some advice guys.

Im looking at buying a Shark Helmet online from either
Revzilla
Motorcycle Helmets - RevZilla Motorsports
or
Sports Bike Track Gear
Motorcycle Helmets from SportbikeTrackGear.com

Does anyone have any other suggestions where I can buy a Shark helmet from a store based in the US that ships to Australia? An online supplier similar to the 2 I have listed above?

Any websites or links would be greatly appreciated

Cheers :thumbup:

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It's illegal to use a helmet in Australia that doesn't have the standards sticker on, even if it's the same helmet :(

Is it legal for road use in Australia? All helmets that are used for head protection, on road, or at sporting events, sanctioned by moto or motor sport governing bodies (CAMS, MA etc), must carry a label certifying it complies with the Australian Standard, AS1698. (International competitors can get an exemption from controlling bodies, for off road competition only).
The penalty, for wearing a helmet that does not carry an AS1698 sticker is $245 (you are deemed not to be wearing a helmet) Snell approval, or Dot 4 compliance, does not automatically make the helmet Australian complianced.

In the event of an accident, you can be refused a claim. Also, I think there is a tab inside the helmets that have been approved in Aus, as well as the sticker on the outside. I have heard of riders getting stopped to get their licences and helmets checked. Does happen.

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It's illegal to use a helmet in Australia that doesn't have the standards sticker on, even if it's the same helmet :(

Is it legal for road use in Australia? All helmets that are used for head protection, on road, or at sporting events, sanctioned by moto or motor sport governing bodies (CAMS, MA etc), must carry a label certifying it complies with the Australian Standard, AS1698. (International competitors can get an exemption from controlling bodies, for off road competition only).
The penalty, for wearing a helmet that does not carry an AS1698 sticker is $245 (you are deemed not to be wearing a helmet) Snell approval, or Dot 4 compliance, does not automatically make the helmet Australian complianced.

In the event of an accident, you can be refused a claim. Also, I think there is a tab inside the helmets that have been approved in Aus, as well as the sticker on the outside. I have heard of riders getting stopped to get their licences and helmets checked. Does happen.

You can buy the sticker Kaz ;) Its just a brand name , the 5 tick sticker is listed on the stock exchage :eek: seriously :D

Dunno

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for looking out for me Kazza :thumbup:

All good mate. I need the helmet for track days & racing. Ive already checked it out & its all above board to use an internationally recognised lid without the AS 1698 sticker on it on the track:thumbup:
As long as it carries a sticker or rating from the country of origin it's acceptable.

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
A big hello to all of our friends in the US :thumbup:

Im after some advice guys.

Im looking at buying a Shark Helmet online from either
Revzilla
Motorcycle Helmets - RevZilla Motorsports
or
Sports Bike Track Gear
Motorcycle Helmets from SportbikeTrackGear.com

Does anyone have any other suggestions where I can buy a Shark helmet from a store based in the US that ships to Australia? An online supplier similar to the 2 I have listed above?

Any websites or links would be greatly appreciated

Cheers :thumbup:

What helmet are you after ??? Good luck finding an RdP RSI/RSR in Oz if thats what your after :(

Kazza

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Cool. That's ok then.

Mike's looking for a new lid and we were tempted to do it - $1295 for new Shoei X12 in Perth, but @ $800 from the states :eek:

Kazza

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Unreal!

Check out newenough.com and ridersdiscount.com - I was checking out helmets yesterday and leather pants for me. Pretty good. Also superbiketoystore.com

Bought from the first 2 a few times - very good.

Kazza

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Unreal!

Looking at helmets yesterday and leather pants for me - try ridersdiscount.com and newenough.com - bought from them before - really good. Also try superbiketoystore.com