helmet sizes!

onyx_riddle

Reaction score
Visit site
I need to order a helmet. I have one motorcycle shop about an hour and a half from here but I don't much care for the service and I've gotten great deals online for just about everything. I just wondered if anyone could help.

I really dont need to spend over 140 with shipping.
I have a fulmer that is XL and it is too big.
I have a G-max that is XL and it is too small.

If anyone could shed some light on what size/ brand I should try looking for. Hopefully someone has a bit of experience with helmets like these.

Thanks guys!

The trouble with picking out a helmet without trying one out is that all manufacturers have their own shell shapes. So XL of company A does not equal XL of company B.
If you don't want to deal your local shop, your best bet is to order from a reputable online store.. get several helmets in one order.. try a bunch out and eat the cost of shipping the ones that do not fit back to the shop.
Take a look at this page for helmet shapes:

Motorcycle Helmet Shapes - webBikeWorld

While that is a great idea and I appreciate that, If i had the extra cash in paypal I would just order an Arai. Thanks a bunch for the sizing information though. That should be useful :)

It seems you will have to try on several brands of helmets to figure out what shape fits your noggin' the best. The guide Erci suggested on WBW should be the first place you look to determine shape/size. But honestly the best place to inventory helmets for fit is at the stealership. I wouldn't dare give them my business at the prices they charge but I quietly try on a bunch of lids and record the ones I want in my cell phone. Then when you get home do the online-shopping-find-the-best-deal thing

Sorry, but you HAVE to try a helmet on.

I take XS in Shoei, M2R and AGV.

I take S in Shark.

Each helmet changes. You have to try the helmet on. If you don't, you'll end up with a helmet that doesn't do it's job in a crash :shakehead:

Last edited:
Sorry, but you HAVE to try a helmet on.

I take XS in Shoei, M2R and AGV.

I take S in Shark.

Each helmet changes. You have to try the helmet on. If you don't, you'll end up with a helmet that doesn't do it's job in a crash :shakhead:

+1 champion

just take a tape measure to your head and compare it to the size chart each manufacturer lists. that has always worked for me. a helmet should fit snug. there are how to fit a helmet vids on youtube if you need help

Thanks a lot guys! I will probably wait and use my ol' zamp for now. its snell and dot and fits decent but its just a little tight. When I get a chance I'll head down to the point of no returns and try some helmets on. Thanks guys!

You've got to try it on. :D

I've got a Caberg Trip/Rhino in XL but a Caberg V2 in XL is too tight . . . !

I cannot get some XL or even XXL helmets on as they are too narrow, or is my head too wide? :rolleyes:

So watch out even choosing the same size with the same manufacturer.

Check out Sharp for information on helmets . . . :thumbup:

Did you know that helmets come in different shapes? Helmet Shapes

Web Bike World - Helmets

While that is a great idea and I appreciate that, If i had the extra cash in paypal I would just order an Arai. Thanks a bunch for the sizing information though. That should be useful :)

Even that wouldn't work because Arai makes helmets in several head shapes. A helmet is something you can't just order online, you have to try them on and find one that fit your head shape. It's too important than to just throw money and order something online.

My first helmet I ordered online. Rode in it for one season until it tore apart and I ordered a new one. When I got my new one I couldn't believe how poorly my old lid fit. It is definitely worth trying them on.

Back