Helmet Shield Color

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a pin lock, with a yellow high vise shield in side. I works great in day light, dusk and dawn. Viewing Images For Pinlock Anti-Fog Shield Inserts For HJC and Shoei Helmets :: New Enough

It also works great at night, for me anyways:thumbup:

For those who don't like to swap out visors, this is a great option. I've personally seen Richard's set up and it's pretty neat. The actuall inner piece isn't as large as the visor so it's easy to remove and store. Just snaps on and off.

I haven't tried this myself, but people on ninja250 forum highly recommend getting a tinted strip that goes on the top edge of your visor.
This way you never need to swap shields. Just tilt your head down slightly in direct sunlight.
They're cheap too.
Motorcycle Helmet Sun Shade - webBikeWorld

Sometimes I wish I had this tinted stip in addition to my tinted visor for those days I'm riding directly into the sun.

Primarily, I use the tinted visor to help keep my face from getting scorched from the intense sunlight. During the summer where the temps often exceed 110 degrees, or possibly for those members who live in an area where the elevation is so high, the tinted visor makes a difference.