helmet lock for FZ6?

IanHoots

Reaction score
Visit site
Has anyone attempted to install a helmet lock? My old ZR-7 was factory fitted with one in the same location as the lock to remove the seat on my FZ6. The ZR-7 lock was positioned perfectly for the pillion foot peg to support the weight of the helmet and the "D" shaped ring on the strap went through the lock

I am hoping someone has found an area on the frame to mount one.

Having to take the helmet everywhere I go is starting to wear thin. My Shark is brand new and I don't trust to leave it on the handle bars like some people.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I design and make helmet lock brackets for the FZ6 (and others).

Using a Yamaha lock, part # 4R8-21308-01-00 4R8-21308-01-00 HELMET HANGER ASSY $35.36

This lock assembly allows you to use your ignition key for the same lock after re-keying.

Available in black or silver, no mods to the bike, $25 plus shipping (does NOT include the lock assembly)

The white, rectangular piece is "helicopter" leading edge tape. It wraps around the frame before the bracket
and allows for mounting W/O scratching the frame..

There IS room for two brackets (if needed), as shown below and FORWARD of the pillion peg (same side)

I do ship to most places out of the US(slightly additional shipping fee). Please E-mail me directly and
put FZ6 in the header. ( [email protected])

Kit:

Agf's bike:

Last edited:

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
...and my bike. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1468674393.617174.jpg

I highly recommend Scott's work. He also did a mount for my heated gear plug on the other side.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I highly recommend Scott's work. He also did a mount for my heated gear plug on the other side.

Couldn't find your pic for some reason Tom,,, :(

Here's the prototype outlet plug bracket (for a Powerlet, BMW style outlet) made for Tom,
again, simply clamps around the frame:

Last edited:

IanHoots

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for all the info. I'll order the part no that Townsends gave me and take it to my locksmith. The pipe mount I can fab up at work. Thanks again. That's saved me a lot of guess work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Ditto what Scott said. I re keyed my helmet lock in 5 minutes using the procedure in the above link. Was easy. One of the best farkles I added to my S 1.

IanHoots

Reaction score
Visit site
That's very informative, thanks. I've never had a crack at doing it myself, as my locksmith is cheap as chips. It looks easier than I thought, I'll have a go this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk