Helmet Choices

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
That's the perfect helmet for the pink/white FZ6R and at that price, good lord, it's like it's fate! Actually, I like the design better in your pictures than I do in the stock photo...it's got a lot more to the graphics than you can tell in the stock shot. :thumbup:

thethendi

Reaction score
Visit site
+1 on Scorpions. I got the matte black Exo-700 after my old helmet (an HJC) started to feel loose after I got a haircut. Going from very long and thick hair to almost bald made a huge difference in fit.

My only gripe is that my forehead starts to hurt just above my eyebrows after I have it on for a long time (>2 hours)...this is probably due to my odd-shaped forehead.

jdesiano1

Up to no Good
Reaction score
Visit site
That's the perfect helmet for the pink/white FZ6R and at that price, good lord, it's like it's fate! Actually, I like the design better in your pictures than I do in the stock photo...it's got a lot more to the graphics than you can tell in the stock shot. :thumbup:

Yeah I got it to match my bike!:thumbup: And the price was like r u kidding? I have a tribal butterfly on my seat cowl too. It was meant to be!

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Shoei Raid

19102008001-1.jpg

Chris

GO!!!!!!!
Reaction score
Visit site
I have an Arai RX7, and I'm very happy with it! After I wore it in it fits perfectly. (Pic in avatar:))

Jess, I just noticed that you seem to pull your helmet a little too far down in front.. Might just have been that you wanted to smile at the camera?? :p I've learned that the bottom of your nose should line up with the top of the chin guard for a correct fit. Just thought I'd mention it. :)

jdesiano1

Up to no Good
Reaction score
Visit site
I have an Arai RX7, and I'm very happy with it! After I wore it in it fits perfectly. (Pic in avatar:))

Jess, I just noticed that you seem to pull your helmet a little too far down in front.. Might just have been that you wanted to smile at the camera?? :p I've learned that the bottom of your nose should line up with the top of the chin guard for a correct fit. Just thought I'd mention it. :)

Yeah and I was looking down toward the camera, if I'd had you there to take the pic I wouldn't have had to worry now would I?;)

S

sm00thpapa

This is my first 2 helmets as I am a new rider.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

sm00thpapa

Hey I just saw your post over at the other forum. Welcome. Dont know if you know where it is but I am from PLant city Fl. Nice Hood by the way. If its DOT you should be good.

I know where plant city is. It's only about an hour from me. Are you in Florida now? I just picked up another helmet today and added the pic to my old post. Check out my gear thread I just posted also.

lattin25

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a shoei rf-1000 and am very happy with it. I liked the features of other brands but they didnt fit me right. IMO its more important to have a helmet that fits correctly than one that looks cool but doesnt fit right.

youngGun

Reaction score
Visit site
I have two my newest is a Scorpion EXO-400. No complaints with the Scorp fits great and fairly quiet.

I also have a SHOEI RF-800 Picotte Replica.

Zack

Reaction score
Visit site
Just to stir up the mix a bit more. Have Scorpion EXO700.
In the store all helmets look great and it is really hard to select proper one. I had to buy new cheek pads because original ones were too tight. i didn't find out that in the store but after first or second ride.
Now I am after quietest helmet I can find. Scorpion is way too noisy. At speeds of 70-80 km/h (50 miles/hour) wind noise turbulence is just annoying. i honestly think that other (regular) helmets aren't much better in that department either.
According to the tests Schubert helmets are the quietest. Have to find one somewhere.
By the way I don't believe in helmet mail ordering. I know you can save the money by finding a deals but after in-store experience where one helmet was X and other one X as well (different brands) and sizes were completely different I abandoned that idea.

ReblTeen84

Übernerd
Reaction score
Visit site
Current one is a Scorpion EXO-700 in blue. Also have an HJC Sy-Max II, but that one is nowhere near as comfy as my Scorp, so I rarely wear it. Wife has a Shoei RF-1000.

barijack

Reaction score
Visit site
Here are my two helmets so far.

red= Fulmer D4 with Ghost Red (matte) color, and Evil Spell graphics and Fire red Shield... DOT Approved

Grey/orangish= Fulmer SS with Flourescent Red (matte) color, and the Fear and Loathing graphics and black chrome shield... Snell approved

love them both.

bushboarder

moved on up
Reaction score
Visit site
I have an Icon Alliance SSR Americana and a HJC session as a back up.

I am looking to buy a Shoei RF1000 or the Xeleven. Any thoughts on which one is a better helmet? I am torn between both and can't seem to make up my mind.

For Awesome Helmet deals check out Home Page: Home Page: Helmet Express
webBikeWorld reviewed both the RF-1000 and Xeleven.
Motorcycle Helmets - webBikeWorld

Sportbike Track Gear will through in a free smoked shield with the purchase of the RF-1000 or Xeleven. :thumbup:
Shoei Helmets from Sportbiketrackgear.com