Helmet Choices

Actionmike

Reaction score
Visit site
Matt Black Shoei Raid 2, cant fault it and its done very well in the new sharp helmet tests.

raid2blackplain.jpg

WeWonItThreeTimes

Reaction score
Visit site
second season with this on my head
Arai%20Helm%20RX7%20%20pedrosa_2_640.jpg

so much better than my last x-lite
7919509.jpg

still dont know what am gonna buy next year, but i'll rather go for a bright colours design. X-11 Elias looks nice

Doorag

Reaction score
www.4dbrown.com
Here's my current helmet, a Shoei XR-1000 "Sykes" but I have the dark smoke visor on it as well. I love it!

51WAOE95EaL._AA280_.jpg

This is my old helmet I broke when I crashed. I thought it was great at the time, but after wearing the Shoei for a while I realize how crap it really was. I got it for under £100 though - you get what you pay for (in most circumstances)

Airoh_warrior.jpg

And this is my off-road helmet. Notice anything similar about them???

BELL%20MOTO%207K%20RWB.JPG

Last edited:

deeptekkie

Reaction score
Visit site
I got two full-coverage black Vegas. The ones with the closeable air vents, the flip-up visors, and the front section that flips up out of your face if you want.

mercm3

newbie still dammit
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a Shark RSR2. Love it fits my head well and is super light. Crappy pic though from my Blackberry.

sxty8goats

Reaction score
Visit site
attachment.php

Shoei Breakthrough patern on the R1000. Love the lid. Air flow is great. Used to own an HJC and rarely rode with the sheild fully down. With the shoei, I rarely ride with it up.

rider1a

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys and girls,

Thought it would be interesting to hear and see from all of you what kind of protection you wear or would want to wear with regards to helmets :rolleyes:
Look forward to hearing from everybody!

I have tried both Arai and Shoei. The have very different contours based on if your head is oval or more round. The other issue is Aria helmet have a narrow slot between the screen and the side flap, which does allow some degree of wind in hence louder feel. The Arai Quantum has airflow that is sufficient.

When I switched to Shoei, the windscreen wraps all around the side and does not allow wind blast to enter, hence to me seems to be quieter helmet. The windflow when all the vents are opened is much better than the Arai. I use their R1000 and am very happy with it.

BTW, resist the temptation to buy a used helmet. If you accidentally drop a helmet from just a few feet, it may not visibly damage the helmet on the outside, but it can crush or destroy some of the inner shell plastic meant to absorb some of the accident pressure. I have also heard helmet that have undergone heavy use in sun i.e. 5-6 years lose some other their strength due to UV weakening the plastics....stick with new....you're worth it.

Oh yea...stick with solid bright colors for extra viz. The head is usually the highest part on a bike and solid black or muted colors just does not stick out like bright white etc.

Fred

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a Shoei RF-1000. I love it. It's very comfortable and very little wind noise. I have a blue mirror lens on it. It looks sweet in the day time. I really like the blue skulls on the helmet. I saw it and said thats mine. :thumbup::thumbup: I also have a HJC for my dirt bike.