Hello to all fellow riders!

2wheelieadv

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello! I just bought a 2006 FZ6 with 6400 miles on, and in excellent condition.
I also have a 2009 FZ6R and made 52000 on it, so the time came to upgrade.
Since I ride mostly 2up, I hope the FZ6 will be better in this department.

It came with the Corbin seat, but my wife rejected it off the bet as the passenger part is too slick and she slides right up-front off it. Not sure it there is a solution for it, or I'll sell it and put the stock seat back as she's more ok with it.

OK, just wanted to say hi to all.

4480935-T600450.jpg

Last edited:

ShoopCE

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:

Hey 2wheelie, welcome to the forum.

I don't know the FZ6R and I have yet to get my wife to ride with me on my bike - so I can't comment on the relative merits of the two bikes for 2up.

Regarding the seat, before you sell the Corbin you might try cleaning the surface and then treating it with something suited for saddle surfaces. Sometimes folks use products like ArmorAll which leave a very slick surface. I think most Corbins are leather so a leather product would be better, maybe saddlesoap or some other leather cleaner/treatment. My daughter rides horses - a much more expensive hobby.

Good luck and enjoy the forum.

Chris

PhotoAl

Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome, enjoy the FZ6 it's a great bike and you will love the extra power. Great the MRS will ride with you - mine will ride with me ....

....on the scooter but not the bike. :-(

PS: the scooter is a Honda Metropolitan. top speed = 39 but only on a steep hill.

darius

Never stop exploring
Reaction score
Visit site

It came with the Corbin seat, but my wife rejected it off the bet as the passenger part is too slick and she slides right up-front off it. Not sure it there is a solution for it, or I'll sell it and put the stock seat back as she's more ok with it.

:welcome:

How do you like the FZ6 clutch coming from the FZ6R? Quite a difference I bet. Oh, and where's the pics? :D

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site
leather seats need to be broken in. my guess is that with only 6000 on the bike it hasnt been broken in yet, especially not the passenger area. i would clean the surface up and find some "leather food" most sporting goods shops should have it for baseball gloves and soccer cleats. DONT use glove oil.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Welcome to the forum, don't be to quick to sell the seat mate, the stock FZ6 can hurt you in places only a size 9 boot can reach on a long run. I would get the seat recovered if sweater dudes solution doesn't work out for you.

Nelly

TheSandman13

Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome on board. I'll reinforce the opinions that you might want to keep the Corbin seat. The stock seat is a pain on the ass...literally.

2wheelieadv

Reaction score
Visit site
Thank you all. I'll soon post up a pic.

PS if anyone knows of a used good topcase w/mounts, pls let me know.

Last edited:

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
a big welcome to our new forum members, from Melbourne Australia, I have just had time to review some of the threads Ive missed over the past few weeks This forum has travelogues, food, reviews of bikes bits and other stuff, competitions and advice on techniques, purchases, modifications, relationships and personal development.... and all from people with true life experience I hope you enjoy reading, learning and participating in it as much as I do (and for those that know him, I had a 1/2 hour facebook chat with Wolfman tonight, he's keeping well, and for those that wonder who Wolfman is, check the record holder of number of posts to this forum) cheers

Last edited: