Hello From NC

dad24hungrykids

Reaction score
Visit site
Just a quick post to introduce myself. I am a new owner of a used 2008 Fz6. I live near Charlotte, NC and I am a avid rider. I am 37, married and have 4 children, 2,3,6,9. I have been riding quite a while but mostly British classic bikes. I cut my teeth on a 68 BSA and some old Norton, an 850 commando I believe. Then in 2008 after a several year lull a caved in and bought a new model Ninja 250, after 15k on that I needed something a bit more comfy for the older back and bones so here I am. I have about 100 miles on my 'new to me' Fz and so far I am rather pleased. I am Glad to to have the opportunity be a member of this forum and I'll try to keep the stupid question to a minimum. This is my first Yamaha and also my first 4 cylinder motorcycle so it will be a learning experience.

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
My dad had an old Norton 750. He used to take my sister and I for rides on the "not yet open" interstate, until the police would "remind" him that we weren't supposed to be on it. Fond memories!! :D
Welcome to a great forum, and to a great bike!! :thumbup:

Adirondack Jack

Don't call me " Jun ior&a
Reaction score
Visit site
A Commando? Now there's a blast from my past. Damn! I hated those guys with that bike. It was just too cool for the times and I didn't have one.
Welcome to the Forum, mate. I predict the FZ6 will grow on you. And remember..."The only stupid question is the one that doesn't get asked!" Sorry...very cliche' :welcome:

fzme

Reaction score
Visit site
You picked an awesome bike and an awesome forum. There are some very well informed people here.

:welcome:

Getaway

Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome, dad24hungrykids. You picked a great time to buy a bike in NC. The prices are down and the weather for the most part has been great.
:welcome:
Oh, and let me be the first to say
Without pictures it didn't happen!

Coopdman

Wolf Pack of One
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome fellow Charlottean! I've got the black 2008 FZ6 as well. We should ride sometime. :thumbup: I second the pictures.

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
Hows it going fella
I'm new here too.Great advice and technical knowledge from people and v friendly forum.Enjoy :thumbup:

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome, neighbor!

I live down in the University area. Let me know if you want to go riding, come spring time I will be heading west toward the mtns about every other weekend or so. Usually meet my Mom and Dad on their FJR for an outing.

-bryan

deeptekkie

Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome and congrats on buying a fine bike. (I bought mine because of back issues as well and this is the ONLY one I found that feels good - and runs great!) You live in a nice area of our country. Enjoy!

Mr.Spoofy

Reaction score
Visit site
congrats on the bike, I'm in the Pinehurst / Southern Pines area, about 50 miles south of Raleigh. How are you enjoying the ice and snow?