Hello everyone :-)

princessvanvan

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Iam new to this forum Someone i know (Cloggy) recomened this site to me as I have just bought a yamaha fz fazer 600cc year 2003 :) and I need to get it restricted to 33bhp and at the moment the current price to get it done at the garage is 200 pounds!! So I wanted to see if I could get it abit cheaper so I had a look on good old ebay for a cheap restrictor kit for fuel injected but they only had one for carbs :-( so I was just wondering if anyone knows a garage or somewhere I can get a restrictor kit at a cheaper price ? Il appreciate any comments and advice Thankyou peeps :) :thumbup: princessvanvan :)

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
A big :welcome: to the site princess :cheer:

When I saw you had bought that beautiful FZ6 on the KSB forum I had to say something ;)

:needpics:

I didn't realise you were going to restrict it, especially after selling your R6.

There are a lot of threads about de-restricting FZ6's, here are a few threads you'll find searching for "restrict"

This one is someone selling a restrictor kit, but it's so long ago I suspect it's sold (but looking at it I think that many local people could easily make such a piece for you).

Reading this it shows that the only difference between the restricted and the derestricted (standard) version is an extra protrusion on the throttle stop which stops it opening fully.

Hope this helps in some small way, if you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask. I don't know much mechanically but we have plenty of great members here who will try to help if possible :thumbup:

Last edited:

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Iam new to this forum Someone i know (Cloggy) recomened this site to me as I have just bought a yamaha fz fazer 600cc year 2003 :) and I need to get it restricted to 33bhp and at the moment the current price to get it done at the garage is 200 pounds!! So I wanted to see if I could get it abit cheaper so I had a look on good old ebay for a cheap restrictor kit for fuel injected but they only had one for carbs :-( so I was just wondering if anyone knows a garage or somewhere I can get a restrictor kit at a cheaper price ? Il appreciate any comments and advice Thankyou peeps :) :thumbup: princessvanvan :)
Cloggy? Never heard of him ;)

:welcome: to this great forum :D

princessvanvan

Reaction score
Visit site
Thankyou Cloggy for the welcome and your advice and information :)
Il take a look at the links you included for me :thumbup: Yes my r6 was restricted to 33bhp and to be honest the excelleration is the same you just loose the top end speed :) But i only have a year to go then I can take my restictor off and I know that year will go by quickly :) Thankyou kazza and Yasko for the welcome :rockon: vv

princessvanvan

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks peeps for all your welcomes :) Il look forward to reading the different topics on this forum :) Great stuff :thumbup: vv

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thankyou Cloggy for the welcome and your advice and information :)
Il take a look at the links you included for me :thumbup: Yes my r6 was restricted to 33bhp and to be honest the excelleration is the same you just loose the top end speed :) But i only have a year to go then I can take my restictor off and I know that year will go by quickly :) Thankyou kazza and Yasko for the welcome :rockon: vv

Sorry Vv, I didn't realise you was still in your "restricted" time :eek:, do you have enough info to modify your bike? sorry I don't know do the DVLC need a certificate (from the dealer) or a dyno run to prove your bike is restricted?

I'm sure the time will fly by, especially the summer months :rockon:

keep us up-to-date :thumbup:

princessvanvan

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi ya Cloggy, yes sorry i forgot to mention about my restricted licence! and I do need proof of restriction which is a certificate, which they give you when you get the bike restricted at a garage :) The certificate states what type of restriction it is and what work was done on the bike etc:) so I need to get it done proffessionally :) Thankyou for all your advice much appreiated :thumbup: Il keep you posted on how it goes :) vv

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi ya Cloggy, yes sorry i forgot to mention about my restricted licence! and I do need proof of restriction which is a certificate, which they give you when you get the bike restricted at a garage :) The certificate states what type of restriction it is and what work was done on the bike etc:) so I need to get it done proffessionally :) Thankyou for all your advice much appreciated :thumbup: Il keep you posted on how it goes :) vv

Damn, so you have to pay through the nose to get it done by the dealer, and probably use original parts too :banghead:

BTW most people post a pic of their bike when they introduce themselves here, would you mind posting a pic of your beaut :thumbup:

princessvanvan

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks everyone for the welcome:) And Thanks Cloggy:) I know, it's a pain to have to get it done through the garage also to get certificate for the restrictor but i suppose It's worth having it in the long run for proof :) And as iam new here I hope these pictures of me on my new bike have come out ok :) This picture was of me taking the Fazer out for a test ride:) and I loved it that much I bought it :) Happy days!

Last edited:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to the site, any friend of Cloogy's is a friend of ours (not in a mafia way).
Check out Mylo's derestricting post and do the reverse to restrict yours.
http://www.600riders.com/forum/gara...fz6-s1-factory-throttle-restriction-help.html
Take the bike to a local garage bat the old eye lids and a certificate of restriction will surely be yours?
Good luck
Neil
PS the search function is your friend especially the goggle option.

princessvanvan

Reaction score
Visit site
Thankyou Nelly and dolau for the welcome :thumbup:

Cheers Nelly for the link with regards to restricting my bike, I will take a look at it later :thumbup: Glad you like the colour of my bike dolau I loved the different shades of blue on it,:) Iam soooooooo happy with my new purchase! my husband used to own the old shape fazer 2001 which again was a great bike he loved it :) But I do like the new shape fazers I must admit :D Heres to happy riding everyone :) :rockon:

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
nice pics VV :thumbup:.

Would it be too much trouble to ask you (or Geordie) to take a photo of the throttle stop, before and after restriction, as I'm curious whether they always change the disk or if they change the metal tab the throttle stop hits (as I think this will have the same effect).

princessvanvan

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Cloggy :) Il see what I can do, Il try and get some photos for you before and after the restriction :-0 Hope you had a good day the weather has been soooo cold today brrrrrrr lol Have a good weekend :) vv

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thnx VV :thumbup:
Yeah the winds coming from the east now so were in for some cold continental weather the coming weeks. There was frost on the ground this morning, I was really pleased I had heated grips :thumbup: it was sleeting on my way home this evening and its going to get worse at the begining of next week. Oh well I might have to catch the train next week :(
At least we've got the weekend first :cheer: