Hello and a few questions??

Justin91280

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everyone!!
I'm Justin from CT and had a few questions about the FZ6. I've had bikes for many years now mostly enduro's and off road bikes. I'm looking into getting this bike but was wondering a few things. Is it sluggish at all? Does it have fast throttle response? ?(I'm 5'9 200Ib) Am I going to wish I got a 1000cc? Is it truley comfortable? Any other down falls or issues anyone has that they would want to make me aware of to prevent any disapointments? All bikes have there pros and cons as most of you guys know who have been riding for years, I'd appreciate the truth and thanks again.
Justin

W

wrightme43

I am very happy with my FZ.
98hp is pretty stout. LOL
I would buy it again.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i was coming off of a 600cc sportbike (YZF600r) and noticed a much better throttle response on the FZ and also it seems to have smoother power than my older bike. I would say that you should be happy with it. You would be hard pressed to find somewhere to use the power of a 1000cc bike.

mikebike

just a rider
Reaction score
www.crazyguyonabike.com
I am 6'1" 215 and never have I felt I did not have enough power... I have had bikes for many years and am very happy with the FZ6.

I reecently went on a 725 mile 2 day trip and a buddy was riding the FZ1 and I never had to work too hard to keep up. That is not saying it is not faster ...just that on a public road with speed rarely exceeding 130 :Flash: it was not an issue

S

sportrider

the only time I've felt down on power was in a full on top speed race straightaway race with liter bikes. but how often do you really get a chance to exceed 150MPH? I love the FZ6!!! the only thing I would change if I was on the Yamaha R&D team would be adding adjustable suspension from the factory. I think the FZ6 is the most comfortable sportbike I've ever owned. and actually probably one of the most comfortable motorcycles in general. in my opinion it has the perfect balance between performance and comfort that make it a pleasure to ride.

H

HavBlue

I'm 6'2" at 185#. If you have read many of the reviews on the FZ6 you would note the reported lack of performance on the low end. I would suggest this should be regarded as rider error. The reason for this may be a lack of experience with the machine. Much like a dirt bike, the FZ6 is a rev machine and if you don't keep the rubber band wound up it falls on its face. Keep it primed and ready and this 600 has teeth with a very good bite. The throttle response is quick and the braking is quite adequate. You will also note complaints about the seat being uncomfortable. I have not found this to be the case for myself and have no desire to replace the factory seat as it was real nice while running 400 miles in a day. Overall the bike has been a real gem for me with no problems at all in the 14,000+ miles I have owned it.

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
the only time I've felt down on power was in a full on top speed race straightaway race with liter bikes. but how often do you really get a chance to exceed 150MPH? I love the FZ6!!! the only thing I would change if I was on the Yamaha R&D team would be adding adjustable suspension from the factory. I think the FZ6 is the most comfortable sportbike I've ever owned. and actually probably one of the most comfortable motorcycles in general. in my opinion it has the perfect balance between performance and comfort that make it a pleasure to ride.

my thoughts exactly (except my fz has never seen 150)!

with your kind words im sure yamaha would at least let you in the sales team! and then you could talk to the r&d guys and get us that adjustable suspension!

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I also think that they fixed the "Lack of low end power" with the FI re-mapping on the 07+ models. Once again i will state that i find mine very snappy and smooth thought the powerbands

Justin91280

Reaction score
Visit site
thanks

Thanks everyone.... i'm ready to go buy, just wish the weather would get warmer sooner..

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm 6'2" at 185#. If you have read many of the reviews on the FZ6 you would note the reported lack of performance on the low end. I would suggest this should be regarded as rider error. The reason for this may be a lack of experience with the machine. Much like a dirt bike, the FZ6 is a rev machine and if you don't keep the rubber band wound up it falls on its face. Keep it primed and ready and this 600 has teeth with a very good bite. The throttle response is quick and the braking is quite adequate. You will also note complaints about the seat being uncomfortable. I have not found this to be the case for myself and have no desire to replace the factory seat as it was real nice while running 400 miles in a day. Overall the bike has been a real gem for me with no problems at all in the 14,000+ miles I have owned it.

The is a review worthy of being published...just got me all excited to RIDE! At least I get to go beat on my 2-stroke 125 tomorrow!
________
Park Royal 3 Condo Prathumnak

Last edited: