Hello all, just picked up my first FZ6

squirrel_master

Reaction score
Visit site
Picked up a 2008 FZ6. It's been customized for a street fighter look. Cowling has been removed and replaced with a single headlight. It also has drag bars. Has 4600 miles on it. garaged kept and was owned by a MSF instructor. So I doubt it was abused. It also came with old cowling, headlights(looks to be in brand new condition), original bars and everything to bring it back to stock.
Picked it up for $2000. Is that a deal or what??

Not the greatest pic, but it was dark by the time I got her home.

DDzgpl.jpg

mI20Vl.jpg

squirrel_master

Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds like a great deal to me if it hasn't been dropped.

Nope, never been dropped and it looks like it's been garaged kept, no rust, etc... The guy did all maintenance himself. Two oil changes a year. He had 2 other bikes for sale. He was basically clearing out his garage so he could concentrate on his kids motocross bikes.

All paper work came with bike, including the original invoice.. when he bought it from the dealer in November 2008.

Last edited:

Gcontroller

Reaction score
Visit site
Nope, never been dropped and it looks like it's been garaged kept, no rust, etc... The guy did all maintenance himself. Two oil changes a year. He had 2 other bikes for sale. He was basically clearing out his garage so he could concentrate on his kids motocross bikes.

All paper work came with bike, including the original invoice.. when he bought it from the dealer in November 2008.

Nice!!!!!!!!!

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
wow ... what did he just want to get rid of it.. that sounds like a steal of a price.. good find.. welcome to the forum.. :welcome: any plans on changing it back to stock??? oh and if you wouldnt mind posting up a front view.. i like the looks of the single headlight, but havent seen to many round ones from the front.. and damn.. i just took a quick look.. you got a puig screen by the looks of the sencond pic.. for that price it was a steal...

dturpen

Gamer/Bike Enthusiast
Reaction score
Visit site
Very good deal! If you end up keeping the single headlight look, I think that the bike's looks would benefit greatly from the headlight being moved down on the forks a few inches.

Last edited:

squirrel_master

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the welcome guys.. He basically said he was wanting to quickly get rid of his bikes he doesn't ride. He still has a suzuki savage 650 w/490 miles for $1,000. I was seriously thinking about picking it up just for the hell of it.

I'm going out of town for the weekend, but I'll try to get you a front pic tomorrow or Monday at the latest. Yep it is a puig screen and as far as converting back to stock, I think I will eventually, but only if I use this bike for a long trip I'm wanting to take this spring/summer. I really dig the street fighter look.

Dennis in NH

Reaction score
Visit site
$2000? that's just nuts. Always feels good to ride a bike that cost so little and gives so much.

Congrats and nice way to save money. Don't worry, keep reading here and all the money you saved will end up being used for mods :D.

Dennis

squirrel_master

Reaction score
Visit site
Alright, got back from my weekend excursion and took a few pics. Took the advice of dturpen and lowered the headlight a few inches. Yes, I think it looks much better

Before:

After:

Last edited:

Mr Buck

Born on the wrong side
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like you got a steal there bud!!

You sure he aint gonna be calling you up for the remainder of the ballance :BLAA:

Enjoy it man, and ride safe :D