Hello again!

xgrafcorex

arachnobiker
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Some of you may or may not remember me but I used to post here a couple years ago. Yesterday was the first time I logged in since 2011. Part of that was because I was stationed in Japan for 2 years and left the FZ6 in storage in the US. Well, I'm back in the states (CA vice VA) and just got a new plate and FL registration in the mail so have taken the bike out a couple times in the last two days. I had to file a claim though because the shippers damaged my right rear turn signal (it still works, just crooked) and knocked my right rear view mirror off. Other than that, I don't see any damage, so I don't think they dropped it.

Here is the slightly gimpy FZ and my new (used) car. Now I just have to sell my other car. It doesn't have cats though, so it might be a tough sell here in CA. :(
8PMe3Vq.jpg

Baci

Reaction score
Visit site
Aww sorry to hear your baby man handled and forced into some horrible things. At least they did not kidnap her and sent you the mirror as ransom.

Love me a porche! What model is it(Carerra 911?)? My car has a porche engine does that count? :rolleyes:

yeah CA is tough with smog, but depending on the type of car it might sell somewhat easily.

Last edited:

xgrafcorex

arachnobiker
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Aww sorry to hear your baby man handled and forced into some horrible things. At least they did not kidnap her and sent you the mirror as ransom.

Love me a porche! What model is it(Carerra 911?)? My car has a porche engine does that count? :rolleyes:

yeah CA is tough with smog, but depending on the type of car it might sell somewhat easily.

Yea, it definitely could be worse! The car is a 2003 911 Turbo. :D It's a blast to drive. Just got it last week and I crossed over the 27,000 miles mark earlier in the week. It took a long time to find one with low mileage at a good price that wasn't auto/tiptronic or a convertible.

Sorry to hear about the damage, hope you get it fixed up soon,

:welcome: back :cheer:

Thanks! We'll see. I filed a claim a few weeks ago and haven't heard a peep out of anyone yet. Logged into the website to check myself and there was no pertinent information, it just said that I filed the claim. :confused: I wound up just ordering the mirror online out of pocket, will try just giving them the receipt.

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Some of you may or may not remember me but I used to post here a couple years ago. Yesterday was the first time I logged in since 2011. Part of that was because I was stationed in Japan for 2 years and left the FZ6 in storage in the US.

Are there no computers in Japan?!?!? :spank:

Seriously though, welcome home!

Nice car & bummer about the bike

xgrafcorex

arachnobiker
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Are there no computers in Japan?!?!? :spank:

Seriously though, welcome home!

Nice car & bummer about the bike

Well, you see...what had happened was...there was this big...uhh power outtage, yea, that's right.. :liar:

Sorry. heh Thanks! It's good to be be back. I ordered a new mirror online, so hopefully that gets here soon. As for the rear turn signal, it's still connected but the stalk is out of the piece that it used to sit flush with. (You can sorta see what I mean in my avatar.) I might just take it apart more and see if I can reset it when it all goes back together.

Welcome home Sir. Did you get any riding done in Japan? Or did you go cold turkey for awhile?

Thanks, it was cold turkey. I picked up a 92 Skyline GT-R while I was there, so that kept me occupied even though it's no bike. Had to sell it before moving back though.

xgrafcorex

arachnobiker
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My car has a porche engine does that count? :rolleyes:

What car/engine is it?

The other car is a 2007 Civic SI, it has a lot of goodies under the body, including a turbo and no cat..that and the tune probably make it near impossible to pass emissions here without getting a high flow cat and/or retuning the car (and losing power that it currently makes).

Bet you had a few "new posts" to go thru too :BLAA:

haha Yea, there were a few to say the least. I was expecting some long message in the upper right corner where it says "Aren't the kids in bed yet, xgrafcorex?" Actually, I forget what it said when I did sign in.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome back, tell us more about the posting if you can. Pictures would be smashing to.

Nelly

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

xgrafcorex

arachnobiker
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yep thats the one..

Nelly

It was pretty fun being in Japan. The work (US Navy) took up a lot of my time as we were in and out of port constantly. My ship (USS LASSEN, DDG 82) made less port visits than I was hoping for. The biggest disappointment was that our scheduled trip to Australia got canceled. We did make it to several ports in Japan (Okinawa, Sasebo and Otaru up in Hokkaido), Hong Kong, Vladivostok in Russia, South Korea a few times, and Thailand a couple times.

I thought about getting a bike there but it's difficult with parking. My parking spot was a platform that moved into position to load or unload my car, so there wasn't much room for a bike.

Here's some random pics.

Said parking spot.

Some real ramen.

Hakosuka GT-R at Daikoku Futo (famous location for car meets in Yokohama)
KuT7C56.jpg

My ship doing a missile launch (SM-2), no we didn't kill anyone, it was just part of an exercise.
1pZ9TZF.jpg

Beef sashimi! I have a lot of pics of food..is that weird?
RqdaCoH.jpg

Bartender holding a sketch I did for the bar. My friend put me on the spot and before I could say anything, she had a pen and piece of paper in hand.
DvfCMk0.jpg

Oktoberfest in Yokohama.
xgA30sP.jpg

NLWKGNZ.jpg

Yokohama Baystars vs. Tokyo Giants in Yokohama. The next picture is part of an intermission. The Japanese know how to do baseball! They have beer girls for different brands on constant patrol, so there is no way you couldn't have a beer in your hand unless you were out of money. One strange thing is that the fans of each team took turns cheering.
CdVpi3K.jpg

HLFlyg5.jpg

Random sign I saw at a music stand in a mall in Nagasaki.
6Hwntcd.jpg

Me on a Moto3 bike at Motegi. A friend from work, his son and I camped out up there to watch the races. Nicky Hayden going through turn 1.
jcrW3LI.jpg

KujKCqP.jpg

There is an AMAZING Honda museum at the Motegi grounds, it's free too! If anyone ever gets a chance to go there, do not pass on a trip through there.
1tZDxoE.jpg

View from my balcony.

Snacks at any given corner store or 7-11.

Here's a few pics from different places in Nagano. We went up there a few times to go snowboarding, it was great since it snows a lot there; no fake snow.
gArrFh.jpg

Zjk0ZD0.jpg

Thailand
EODQQbM.jpg

o0Kwm38.jpg

vSerRHC.jpg

ICJtomv.jpg

kJuLBVM.jpg

We crossed the line (equator) and since I had never done it, I was a dirty (polly)Wog and had to make a shirt to wear during the time we got harassed. It is nowhere near as bad as it used to be, too many feelings were hurt. Part of it is that the wogs rebel against the Shellbacks..that explains this chair.
IiGTJNB.jpg

5nbBPGR.jpg

New Years in Tokyo.
1hyfT5x.jpg

Nagasaki
cTLKAxM.jpg

xgrafcorex

arachnobiker
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I guess I lied, I did get a little riding in when we were in Donghae, South Korea. :Flip: Donghae was the worst port visit. I got to ride a ROK ship for a week during an exercise and even those guys said they didn't like that area.
rAsBvsQ.jpg

These were during a different excercise with ROK and JMSDF. That's me going up the ladder. The next one is me almost falling into the ocean out in the middle of nowhere. The RHIB (rigid-hull inflatable boat) took a swell and took the lower part of the ladder with it. We boarded a SK oiler. Last one is a group photo of everyone.
jK0WGDN.jpg

BTV0w8T.jpg

yzkXQmw.jpg

Hong Kong
4S2Siza.jpg

Sapporo, Hokkaido, Japan for the snow festival.
Q3r3YqQ.jpg

Last edited:

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Great pics, man! One patrol while stationed aboard the CGC Munro (WHEC) 724, we were invited to Japan for the 25th anniversary of the Japanese Safety Maritime Association. We did the whole parade of ships thing and hung out on their cutters eating sushi and drinking saki. Those guys were so amazed that the U.S. Coast Guard didn't drink or smoke inside our ships. I laughed and told them it's not that we don't, it's that we can't.
Your pics brought back a LOT of good memories. Thanks:thumbup:

xgrafcorex

arachnobiker
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks, hope you all enjoyed them.

Great pics, man! One patrol while stationed aboard the CGC Munro (WHEC) 724, we were invited to Japan for the 25th anniversary of the Japanese Safety Maritime Association. We did the whole parade of ships thing and hung out on their cutters eating sushi and drinking saki. Those guys were so amazed that the U.S. Coast Guard didn't drink or smoke inside our ships. I laughed and told them it's not that we don't, it's that we can't.
Your pics brought back a LOT of good memories. Thanks:thumbup:

Nice! We did a joint exercise with the Royal Thai Navy and WAESCHE (WMSL-751) was out there with us.

Yea, a lot of other navies drink on their ships. Either we don't hear about the incidents or they just maintain their composure much better. It would get a bit out of control on one of ours for sure. Imagine being sea sick and hung over. hah