Held Phantom

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
Got my Held Phantom today.:cheer: They are so nice that I may get another pair. $200 is hard to beat for the best glove in the world.:rockon:

9.5 is spot on in size. My hand is 10in around.:thumbup:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
What are you going to do when the gloves get all hot, soiled with sweat and smelly inside? Unlike the Motoport Kevlar Gloves, you just can't throw them in the wash a few dozen times a year. With leather, it weakens over a period of time when they get wet.

For $200, I like Motoport gloves. I have two, the Racing and Winter Version, but the winter version is more like an intermediate glove, it doesn't keep your hands warm when it's real cold.

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
What are you going to do when the gloves get all hot, soiled with sweat and smelly inside? Unlike the Motoport Kevlar Gloves, you just can't throw them in the wash a few dozen times a year. With leather, it weakens over a period of time when they get wet.

For $200, I like Motoport gloves. I have two, the Racing and Winter Version, but the winter version is more like an intermediate glove, it doesn't keep your hands warm when it's real cold.

Kangaroo leather does not dry out like cow leather, and is very soft on the hands.:rockon:

Winter version is not needed in Texas, and glove liners when travel.:thumbup:

The Motoport gloves are very good , but there was not enough padding with the Motoport glove for me. :(

For $200 you just can't beat the Phantoms.:cheer:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFHWUukNSnE]Held Phantom Gloves reviewed - YouTube[/ame]

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
These gloves are awsome. :cheer: No dout about them holding up in a crash.:thumbup:

You can get a $75 pair of gloves every year, or get a pair of Phantoms and be done for about 4,or 5 years.:rockon:

DownrangeFuture

Electronic Repair Genius
Reaction score
Visit site

Course, Kevlar weakens with UV light. And properly cared for and conditioned leather doesn't weaken over time. So, they both have their ups and downs. I'm glad I ran across this thread, as I'm currently in the market for some new gloves and liked the idea of the motoport gloves. Lasts the same amount of time without the constant care.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Course, Kevlar weakens with UV light. And properly cared for and conditioned leather doesn't weaken over time. So, they both have their ups and downs. I'm glad I ran across this thread, as I'm currently in the market for some new gloves and liked the idea of the motoport gloves. Lasts the same amount of time without the constant care.

Kenny's Kevlar gloves don't break down from UV. He just wears them out till they turn to dust LOL! :)

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
The Kevlar gloves are very good, but they have no padding for shock. That was the key factor for me.:thumbup:

$200 for Held is just to good to pass.:rockon:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The Kevlar gloves are very good, but they have no padding for shock. That was the key factor for me.:thumbup:

$200 for Held is just to good to pass.:rockon:

The one thing I don't like about my Kevlar gloves is, there is a seam where the thumb part of the glove attaches that I can feel on my palm. It takes a while to get used to it. Maybe I can have Motoport fix it for me. I know they don't make the glove but they have the proper thread etc. Wayne Boyer the owner is a really nice person to deal with and I doubt he'll let you walk away unhappy.

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Bought a pair of held phantoms 6 years ago for $200 shipped. Finally replaced them a couple weeks ago as they are yellowed and have holes in two of the fingers (finger print area). I crashed in them a few times on my supermotard (track and parking lot) this winter and they took a beating, but no busted seams or torn leather even after 6 years of sweat, sun, and rain. Pretty sure I only treated them with leather treatment once.

Just bought another pair of the same gloves...$200 shipped again 6 years later (although the retail price has climbed to $300).

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site
Kangaroo leather does not dry out like cow leather, and is very soft on the hands.:rockon:

Winter version is not needed in Texas, and glove liners when travel.:thumbup:

The Motoport gloves are very good , but there was not enough padding with the Motoport glove for me. :(

For $200 you just can't beat the Phantoms.:cheer:

Held Phantom Gloves reviewed - YouTube

Go to a Soccer/Futbol/Football shop and buy the Leather Food that they sell for K-Leather cleats/boots, it will keep the leather supple and moist for a long time and really protects against moisture damage. not to mention they will look bran' spankin' new for ever.

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
Bought a pair of held phantoms 6 years ago for $200 shipped. Finally replaced them a couple weeks ago as they are yellowed and have holes in two of the fingers (finger print area). I crashed in them a few times on my supermotard (track and parking lot) this winter and they took a beating, but no busted seams or torn leather even after 6 years of sweat, sun, and rain. Pretty sure I only treated them with leather treatment once.

Just bought another pair of the same gloves...$200 shipped again 6 years later (although the retail price has climbed to $300).

Wow 6 years.:cheer: Well worth the $200. In the 2 years I've been ridding, I've bought 3 pair of cheap gloves for around $200. I hope to get 3 years out of my held.:thumbup: