HEat Question

timberwolf211

Reaction score
Visit site
When you guys go out for a ride in warmer weather does any one have heat issues when stopped at lights or have any concerns while riding that heat creeps up their leg?

MarineMom

Reaction score
Visit site
Heat on your legs is normal for the FZ, my right leg gets a tad warmer. This is a big improvement for me, my Triumph fan pushed the air up around the tank and up under my helmet at a stop......ugh....I lived in FL, main reason I sold the bike.

Hollow

Happy Thankful Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Mine does it also. I wear full gear and when I stop and move my leg certain places beside the bike I can feel the hot air go up my riding pants. Just keep an eye on your temp gauge if its not over heated then your fine. If you want turn to page 3-3 in your owners manual it will give you detailed information on what to do at different temps your bike is in. :noworries:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Every Motorbike i have owned has produced a fair bit of heat from the engine, it's part of riding a bike.

I think the heat coming off an fz6 motor is mild, have had other bikes that have been truely uncomfortable at a stop whilst running - traffic lights.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It is 100% natural. You've got 600cc of purebred Yamaha between your legs. You stop and the fan is pulling air in and blowing heat directly back at you. With good gear though, the hot feeling is minimal.

Thank Yammie for making your bike liquid cooled. Try this on a big air-cooled V-Twin and see how hot you get. :D

Ben

Reaction score
Visit site
Guys
I'm new to this, I got my new 2007 fz6 may 2008, 1st timer.
Question:
Is it normal durning and after a long ride 100 kms + that your seat gets excessively warm? if yes, what can be done about this ?

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It is 100% natural. You've got 600cc of purebred Yamaha between your legs. You stop and the fan is pulling air in and blowing heat directly back at you. With good gear though, the hot feeling is minimal.

Thank Yammie for making your bike liquid cooled. Try this on a big air-cooled V-Twin and see how hot you get. :D

Ie: Re air-cooled twins, My Ducati Pantah...not big, only 680cc, but my god does she produce some heat...i have always thought the FZ6 was super civilised due to the liquid cooling.

Scott

Nerd Extraordinaire
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, I noticed a lot of heat on my right leg on Friday when I rode home. It was about 95 degrees out. I was thinking to myself, it must SUCK to wear shorts/tennis shoes. Then later, after my bike had been parked for a while, I was in shorts and went to move my bike and rubbed my leg against the engine. Ouch. No way would I ever ride in shorts.

Also, heat index of 110 today... I drove my truck :(

pottie

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I had similar concern as well since quite hot around DFW and is been in Mercury stages these couple weeks...
Temperature will definetly going up at least a bar or two from half bar when you stop in traffic light and I believed you still have 2 more bars to go...
I also noticed lately since I ve been riding in hot wheather, the bike it self adapted, it does slower on accelaration and even on 100F it ll be half gauge
I do planning to change the coolent pretty soon and upgrade it with engine coolent which help in accelaration in hot wheather like now

bluefz17

Reaction score
Visit site
I have questioned the high temperature on my 2007 US-FZ6 when I have been at stop lights and had the coolant temperature read right under 250 degree Fahrenheit. Could the high temperature be caused by oil weight or type being used?

Denver_FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site

Speaking of twins... MC News just did a report on the new Buell 1125R (if I recall). In warm weather, the the heat from the radiator hits the frame which literally becomes too hot to touch.

Yeah, we got it good on the FZ6!