Headlight Kit VS02

dev_usc

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I still have yet to take the plunge and pop one of them out of my original headlights and see if it fits into my VS01 kit. But when I do I'll add a write up to your's and Lawlberg's thread. Just need to find the time. Thanks again, the more info and references the better.

I think you should start fresh with a new projector on the VS01 Kit.
Your Stock headlight with projectors has a lot of value and you can easily sell the complete setup for $225-$250.
This will be more then enough to pay for new projector.

Any mini projector will fit VS01. Here are some pics of what I did on my VS01.

wkjxg5.jpg

-----
2m5nn2e.jpg

----
14wd75i.jpg

degake

Stop flashing!! G$*%£#
Reaction score
Visit site
I think you should start fresh with a new projector on the VS01 Kit.
Your Stock headlight with projectors has a lot of value and you can easily sell the complete setup for $225-$250.
This will be more then enough to pay for new projector.

^^+1

As Vishnu said, your already converted headlight has a great value.
If you put this up for sale on the forum, I'm sure some member will give you a great price for it. :)
And it will more than cover the cost for a new single projector retrofit ;):cheer:

Any mini projector will fit VS01. Here are some pics of what I did on my VS01.

wkjxg5.jpg
14wd75i.jpg

Any mini projector will fit indeed, but I stronly suggest to use the Morimoto Mini D2S projector.
This has a bigger diameter lens, a better reflector bowl and uses industry standard D2S bulbs (and not rebased "generic" HID bulbs).
It will by far outperform the cheaper mini projectors (the ones with integrated halo and/or devil eye thingies :rolleyes:) and IMHO look much better :cheer:

You can buy the complete Sportbike stage III kit from TheRetrofisource.com.

Grtz,

Degake

special_k_828

Reaction score
Visit site
Can anyone comment on how the wind protection is compared to the original 1/2 fairing?

I have some rash on the bike from a previous tip over and I am thinking of making the swap. I like the wind in the face feeling when riding but also like the option of tucking down on the tank if needed. Does the little wind screen provide some protection?

Cheers,
K

mdfb42

Reaction score
Visit site
Can anyone comment on how the wind protection is compared to the original 1/2 fairing?

I have some rash on the bike from a previous tip over and I am thinking of making the swap. I like the wind in the face feeling when riding but also like the option of tucking down on the tank if needed. Does the little wind screen provide some protection?

Cheers,

K

Bump. I'd be interested in this answer as well

Circuitrider

Reaction score
Visit site
I just ordered the VS02. What headlamp upgrade is just plug and play? I realized there is some wiring and routing that will need to be done with ballast and such, but I'm having a heck of a time finding something that will just pop in the VS02

dev_usc

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I just ordered the VS02. What headlamp upgrade is just plug and play? I realized there is some wiring and routing that will need to be done with ballast and such, but I'm having a heck of a time finding something that will just pop in the VS02

feel free to email/txt/call me and I would be glad to walk you through the process.
-Vishnu

Circuitrider

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm now having trouble with the projector's shutter coming out at an angle. The tab on the adapter for H4 only allows the projector to rotate at certain angles, none of which seem to be parallel to the road! :(

I'm now wondering if:
1. I'm stupid and missing something simple
2. I need to grind off the tab on the h4 plate adapter so I can rotate the projector freely and get the angle where I want it (but I'm worried it won't hold the projector to prevent movement during normal road vibration)
3. I need to cut up the VS02 headlight housing to receive the H4 adapter plate at a different angle of rotation