Headlight Bulb

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Can anyone tell me if there is any difference between the low beam and high beam bulbs (or left side and right side). I looked in the manual, but it didn't say if there were any difference between the two bulbs. Are both bulbs capable of high beams? Or is there a special bulb required for the high beam side?

Thanks,

H7 (left side) and H4 (right side).

To answer your question, No. Only the H4 has the dual (high) filiment for high beams.

I replaced my stock bulbs with H7 12v 55W (left side) and H4 12v 55w (right side).

Thanks for the info, so can I replace my high beam h4 bulb with a h7, so I have dual low beam headlamps? Thought it would be easier than going through the modification. I know I won't have any high beams. If I can, I was thinking of getting a headlight modulator, hoping to get both lights to modulate. Any thoughts?

I hate to poo on your parade, but changing the bulb isn't the solution. First problem is that since the H7 and H4 have different base sizes, it wouldn't fit. Second problem is even if you got an H7 bulb into your high beam side it still wouldn't come on unless you did the mod or redirected the highbeam wire and then drove around with the switch on all the time. Sorry hombre.....but on the bright side, if you're going to put a modulator in you might as well go ahead and do the mod, it's really simple, I promise.

It's easy and well worth it. I am finishing up dual low and dual high mod and everything worked out like a charm.:thumbup:

vegas do my bulb mod its so easy a caveman can do it .... ;)
look for the thread for making an h4 fit into an h7 socket
you cut the bulb down add a spacer fix the wires and your done

vegas do my bulb mod its so easy a caveman can do it .... ;)
look for the thread for making an h4 fit into an h7 socket
you cut the bulb down add a spacer fix the wires and your done

Thanks, but the mod was already done a loooooonnnnnnnggggg time ago.

Back