Heading to the twisties of North Georgia, NC , SC and Tennessee

mikebike

just a rider
Reaction score
www.crazyguyonabike.com
On this coming Wednesday I will be heading to Helen GA where myself and 6-7 others have rented a house. We will enjoy 3 full days of riding in the twisty roads of the southeast.

I will try to post some pics and an update day by day... should be a blast and I am getting excited.

d9spacecadet

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
sweet. have great time. looking forward to some pics! will you make it to any sections of the blue ridge pkwy?

Thunderdog

Reaction score
Visit site
I guess I'm fortunate to live in N GA but just got my FZ6 less than two weeks ago. Been having a blast. One word of caution!!! A lot of roads still have fine gravel (spread by the counties during the recent ice/snow). Should be clear where the cars drive but watch the edges

deeptekkie

Reaction score
Visit site
Enjoy. Beautiful time of the year to be here. Watch the potholes. Winter did a lot of damage to these roads, and with the road closures due to rock slides in NC, heavier truck traffic has really taken a toll on the detour routes. Be careful!

ice

Reaction score
Visit site
Hope you have a fun and safe ride.
Be sure to post some pics.

Cherohala Skyway ?

The Dragon ?

BRP ?

Getaway

Reaction score
Visit site
Word of caution about the Blue Ridge Pkwy, the speed limit is 45 and it's heavily patroled, you can't go 10 miles without seeing a bike pulled over. Usually more that one. But it is a beautiful ride.
If have a chance, pick 109 off 441 north of Clayton GA. It is a twistie path to Sky Valley. It runs into NC 64 which is also a lot of fun and is in pretty good shape.
But do mind the sand and gear up. I'm getting ready to post about my son's accident which has a happy ending because he was wearing his leathers.