• Never hit anything because your ace driver

Votes: 16 64.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sniff6

Be nice i am
Reaction score
Visit site
Last week i was driving down a very narrow street with parked cars and a camper van in my lorry.So im going quite slow, look in my mirror to miss a shop sign and hear a 'crunch' i look in my left mirror to see the camper vans mirror and arm go under my wheels.....whoops i think quick look round and i cant see any witness around so i bugger off sharpish

Have any of you done similar??? I did feel guilty after but thought sod it.

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Last week i was driving down a very narrow street with parked cars and a camper van in my lorry.So im going quite slow, look in my mirror to miss a shop sign and hear a 'crunch' i look in my left mirror to see the camper vans mirror and arm go under my wheels.....whoops i think quick look round and i cant see any witness around so i bugger off sharpish

Have any of you done similar??? I did feel guilty after but thought sod it.
:spank:

Not nice :( - I would be furious if it happened to me and someone drove off.

Naughty, naughty...... You never know when Big Brother is watching....

YamahaMAXdRPMs

Jay- Tshirt Inventor Guy.
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
it was in the road and you hit it? or you broke it off? i would say if its in the road and you hit it, its not yoru fault at all... now if you smacked it and broke it off the vehicle, different story

Geoff

The Tall Guy!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
In my car... I have hit the exact same model car and year with my car (totaled it).... and I hit a --Beaver (I think). (I did not Bugger off from the wreck though, DUH!)

On my bike... Dog ran out in front of my while on a sharp turn (I wouldn't have been able to dodge it...)

I read the thread wrong, I went back and re-edited my post.

Last edited:

Behlmene

Reaction score
Visit site
Not exactly sure what you've done (being American, I don't understand proper English) but it seems you've mishaped and run from the scene of a crime. Not cricket, if it's so :spank:.

Last edited:

Wh0M3

Reaction score
Visit site
The worst I've done is be the guy who opens the car door and have the wind catch it slamming it into the car parked next to me. I feel bad and ussually check to see how bad the scratch is and evaluate the car to see if they would even notice it.

Then I check to see if they can tell it came from my car or if it might be from just some other random car. :spank::spank:

brico

Reaction score
Visit site
Driving / riding and damaging someone's car or bike is bad but seeing from your response you think it is cool. "Sod it". Typical arrogant englishman.

Damaging someone's car on the parking lot by opening a door carelessly (don't even try with that lame excuse of wind catching your door) sooo low. I have few dents on my Audi but was unable to catch any of the bastards who did it so far. Probably so fat and unable to exit the car without rolling out with the door wide open. Generally parking as close as possible to the place you want to go to as you are lazy to walk few hundred yards and in the process damaging someone's property and now bragging over it on internet??!!

Not funny........

dblaze

Reaction score
Visit site
I think driving off after damaging another vehicle is not cool there was me thinking truck drivers were professional.

Wh0M3

Reaction score
Visit site
Driving / riding and damaging someone's car or bike is bad but seeing from your response you think it is cool. "Sod it". Typical arrogant englishman.

Damaging someone's car on the parking lot by opening a door carelessly (don't even try with that lame excuse of wind catching your door) sooo low. I have few dents on my Audi but was unable to catch any of the bastards who did it so far. Probably so fat and unable to exit the car without rolling out with the door wide open. Generally parking as close as possible to the place you want to go to as you are lazy to walk few hundred yards and in the process damaging someone's property and now bragging over it on internet??!!

Not funny........

I wasn't trying to brag if anything it was more like a confession.

So what is the proper responce in doing so? Things happen and there are times that parking lots have little room inbetween cars not to mention people who don't know how to park and end up in some strange possition.

As for the fat comment, it is something that is on my mind and I try to fix it. I'm not that big, but in no way would I think of myself as skinny.

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I wasn't trying to brag if anything it was more like a confession.

So what is the proper responce in doing so? Things happen and there are times that parking lots have little room inbetween cars not to mention people who don't know how to park and end up in some strange possition.

As for the fat comment, it is something that is on my mind and I try to fix it. I'm not that big, but in no way would I think of myself as skinny.
I don't think he was referring to you as fat. Well, I bloody hope he didn't :spank:

wolfe1down

Go hard or go home!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The worst I've done is be the guy who opens the car door and have the wind catch it slamming it into the car parked next to me. I feel bad and ussually check to see how bad the scratch is and evaluate the car to see if they would even notice it.

Then I check to see if they can tell it came from my car or if it might be from just some other random car. :spank::spank:

Not funny........

I hate being parked in a parking lot (either in a car or with the bike) and coming out requiring a can-opener to get back inside, or to mount up. As such, I carry several of these, and USE them in an informative way...

Parking Education

I fill it out at the 'scene' and place it under their windshield wiper. This usually accomplishes two things. 1. They get the 'Fear of God' syndrome when they see and think they have received a parking ticket, and 2. They can read the ticket, then peruse the site for a possible improvement in their parking etiquette. :D

dad24hungrykids

Reaction score
Visit site
The only time I ever hit anything was on a group ride. I was at a stop sign and didn't completely stop, when I went to turn right thru the intersection a guy on a zx14 pulled right up beside me and I turned right in to his left side. Ran smack in to him, it bent my brake lever a bit and no damage to his..thankfully..I found out later that it was a program bike and the rider manages the local cycle dealership...
I felt like an ass..

chaskell27

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm with you on this one Humpy. I always try to give people the benefit of the doubt but it never ceases to amaze me at the lack of responsibility of people. It's gotten so bad that I'll go out of my way to park my car waaaay in the back of the parking lot so that MORONS wont hit me or wing open their doors to the piece of S**T vehicle. Then we wonder why insurance costs are so friggin high. If you are one of those irresponsible people who have committed a hit and run YOU are the problem :spank:. Use a little common sense and have a little common courtesy towards others on the road and in the parking lots. I work hard so that I can afford a nice car and motorcycle. Just because you're too lazy or too numb to respect other people's property does not give you the right to damage it.

SLracer

Reaction score
Visit site
I have never hit anyones property while driving but I have been on the receiving end. Once in a parking lot my car was hit and run, about 3 months after a fresh paint job as well, it was a luckly just a small bump on the front bumper. The second time however, the car was parked on the side of a road and someone practically ran over the front of my car. Upper and lower front bumper pieces nearly ripped off the car, and front left fender destroyed. Needless to say I was pissed, driver was nowhere to be seen. I watched the parking lot I was parked outside of for days looking for the color car whos paint was all over mine. Not cool, have some respect

sniff6

Be nice i am
Reaction score
Visit site
OK seems everyone's got it in for me and not for the troll in the camper van.Who had the attitude of why the f should i park 200 yards round the corner on the car park when i can make everyone Else's day s**t by parking in a narrow street.

in America you have the beauty of space,and wide roads and clear junctions. In the UK are roads are narrow and are street are from the medieval times (pre car) Now dont get me wrong i do not condone clipping vehicles or running off but....

Last edited:

jwh20

Reaction score
Visit site
So much for the "Knights of he Road" theory. I hope your guilt follows you for year to come. You are pathetic.