Have you done anything embarrassing lately?

FastZipper6

Reaction score
Visit site
I did. I ran out of gas. I only had my bike for less than a month and knew about the reserve and the flashing reminder but somehow I missed seeing it when I should have. I won't make that mistake again.

I just got off work and was actually getting ready to go to the gas station but when I started the bike it wouldn't rev up. I didn't immediately realize it was because of low fuel but figured it out after sloshing the tank around and hearing nothing. At least it wasn't anything mechanical.

Luckily I was only about 4 blocks away from a gas station and it was level ground. I pushed it and sweated all the way in my heavy jacket and tried not to let anyone from work see me. :) Nobody did.

Now I use the trip meter and look at it all the time. Especially when it gets around the 200 mile mark.

Any embarrassing bike related stories from anyone else?

Hollow

Happy Thankful Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I did. I ran out of gas. I only had my bike for less than a month and knew about the reserve and the flashing reminder but somehow I missed seeing it when I should have. I won't make that mistake again.

I just got off work and was actually getting ready to go to the gas station but when I started the bike it wouldn't rev up. I didn't immediately realize it was because of low fuel but figured it out after sloshing the tank around and hearing nothing. At least it wasn't anything mechanical.

Luckily I was only about 4 blocks away from a gas station and it was level ground. I pushed it and sweated all the way in my heavy jacket and tried not to let anyone from work see me. :) Nobody did.

Now I use the trip meter and look at it all the time. Especially when it gets around the 200 mile mark.

Yes I have one and it was a reminder to me and funny as hell. I am first off a noob of the motorcycle and when I got my FZ6 I was typing stuff in google about the FZ6 and found this site. I thought man this is awesome what this site offers so I signed up. I was skimming through the forums and found a post were a guy was saying he had forgot to put his kick stand down and dropped his bike. Well in a nice way I was thinking to myself how the hell do you forget to put your kick stand down. I kelpt thinking about how funny it was and would just laugh to myself. One day shortly after reading that post I was on my way to the dealer to have my first oil change done. They took my bike and my wife picked me up and we went back home. They called me later to tell me the bike was ready. I drove back, payed, got my bike and drove it about 50 feet to my wifes car that was parked. I hoped off the bike and my legs just kelpt on walking. My hands luckly never let go of the bars. Then the bike hit that angle of leaning of no return. Man I was so embarrased with my wife right there my adrenaline was racing. I never dropped the bike. I would never let go and saved it. I looked behind me and the tech guys were just laughing. I couldn't get mad at them I was reaping what I sowed. My wife acted as if she didn't see it. I walked up kissed her good bye and just learned a lesson. Never ever think your own self isn't human enough to make the same or worst mistakes others do. If I had read the guys post and took it as a reminder to myself instead thinking I would never forget something like that I may could had saved myself the embarrasment.:thumbup:

Steve F

Reaction score
Visit site
I did. I was entering the toll booths to a beach resort very early on a Sunday morning. (Sandy Hook for you NJ folk) The place was completely empty except for the car that was hiding in my blind spot in the adjacent lane. I started to change lanes and I hear HONK. I stopped quickly as did the woman driving the cage. Luckily no incident occurred. But if it had it would have been totally my fault. I gestured to her in a very apologetic motion. She waved and said "That's OK" I waived again and took off.

I'm very embarrassed I didn’t look in my blind spot before changing lanes. Won’t happen again.

Hollow

Happy Thankful Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I did. I was entering the toll booths to a beach resort very early on a Sunday morning. (Sandy Hook for you NJ folk) The place was completely empty except for the car that was hiding in my blind spot in the adjacent lane. I started to change lanes and I hear HONK. I stopped quickly as did the woman driving the cage. Luckily no incident occurred. But if it had it would have been totally my fault. I gestured to her in a very apologetic motion. She waved and said "That's OK" I waived again and took off.

I'm very embarrassed I didn’t look in my blind spot before changing lanes. Won’t happen again.
Yelp that could had turned out nasty.

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The only embarrasing thing that I've done lately is left my key in the ignition all day at work today. At least it was at work where it's relatively safe but still....

Sawblade

Hopped up on Mountain Dew
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was doing an extremely tight u-turn in the dorm parking lot yesterday to back into the motorcycle parking spots, and my front tire slid in the salt and sand that builds up in the corner. Luckily I got my foot out and I had enough leverage to pick it up before it touched the ground.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

Another great example of what a HORN can do. Everyone, make sure you learn how to use it. It's not as simple as pressing the horn. The use of the horn should come naturally without even thinking. Most people just hit the brakes, remember, the horn too! Sometimes, it works better than the brakes. The use of the horn should become as natural as using the turn signal, or to turn your signal off when riding your bike.

Last edited:

Cloned

Tiger Trainer
Reaction score
Visit site
Another great example of what a HORN can do. Everyone, make sure you learn how to use it. It's not as simple as pressing the horn. The use of the horn should come naturally without even thinking. Most people just hit the brakes, remember, the horn too! Sometimes, it works better than the brakes. The use of the horn should become as natural as using the turn signal, or to turn your signal off when riding your bike.

+1

I really need to teach myself to use the horn more often. Every time it would have come in handy I don't think of it until the situation has passed.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
+1

I really need to teach myself to use the horn more often. Every time it would have come in handy I don't think of it until the situation has passed.

EXACTLY! Most riders or even drivers don't even think of using it until the situation has passed. It will take some time to get to a point that it will become automatic to you, but it will definately pay off and may even save yourself from going down.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
OK this is not bike related but is very embarrassing.
I was teaching some of our very lovely Physiotherapist (10 of them) on how to use a defibrillator. One of them had asked a question about removing bras from female patients (in the event that they arrest).

Now I was thinking how to address this question, unfortunately I was thinking out loud and the first word I said to myself was " Breasts":eek::spank::spank:

I went immediately bright red, the Physio's were really good about it and laughed....................

Nelly

FastZipper6

Reaction score
Visit site
unfortunately I was thinking out loud and the first word I said to myself was " Breasts":eek::spank::spank:
Nelly

That reminds me of that blooper of "The Match Game" when Gene Rayburn said to the pretty lady, "you have nice nipples" when he meant to say dimples. I love that Freudian slip. :Flash:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
One of them had asked a question about removing bras from female patients (in the event that they arrest).

Now I was thinking how to address this question, unfortunately I was thinking out loud and the first word I said to myself was " Breasts":eek::spank::spank:

I went immediately bright red, the Physio's were really good about it and laughed....................

Nelly

Too funny LOL! But can you answer the question for us, what do you do? You kind of left us hanging there.

fast blue one

The number of the beast
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

On the subject of running out of gas, try this fool...............

Biker runs out of fuel in 130mph Police chase - Visordown Motorcycle news : General news

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
The only embarrasing thing that I've done lately is left my key in the ignition all day at work today. At least it was at work where it's relatively safe but still....

OOOOO I hate that and your at work fifteen minutes after you should have left swearing and thinking "where are my damn keys?"

joelchambers06

Street fighter 08
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey what's up! I've owned my 08 fz6 for less than a month didn't even have plates on it yet and i pulled into the motorcycle parkinglot at work and going less than a mile an hour just barely moving i hit a rock with my back tire lost balance on the bike and had to lay it down luckily i was going slow and it did literally no damage! but everyone at work saw me fall it sucked!

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
but ya i had a really embarrassing moment in the first few weeks i owned the bike. i pulled up next to some guy in a pickup truck on one side and some hot girls on the other, everyone had their windows rolled down.

i gave it some minor revvs while at the red light as i do at times when im growing impatient. and i could tell the people on both sides of me noticed me as the girls were looking and the guy in the pickup gave some signs he was gonna pin it at the green light...

so when the light goes green i rev the **** otu of the engine expecting it to take off.....but it doesnt move and is just screeeeeaming with the scorpions.....

the bike was in neutral....as it sometimes gets stuck in neutral and u have to let the clutch out and back in to shift into first....

girls were laughing i think, pickup truck driver was smirking....i tucked my tail between my legs and gradually moved ahead of them in traffic....

:(