Hate my FZ6 right now!

Archeon

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok so, the title may have been a bit misleading, I hate my luck (and the previous owner) when it comes to this FZ6.

I have owned the bike about a month and a half now. In that time:

1) The after market alarm has drained the battery overnight several times - Now removed. Involved several seperate trips to the mechanic to check charging system, wiring, draw down etc etc...
2) While removing the alarm took them a week and a half to do this apparently!) the mechanic screwed up the indicators - To be repaired this weekend
3) The new levers I ordered were damaged
4) The replacement windscreen I ordered arrived...and was the wrong model (wrong screen was posted, I ordered the right one!)

And the worst part!? My bike was at the mechanics all last week, and the weather was beautiful. I get it back yesterday and...raining, raining the rest of this week until...Saturday when I take it back to the mechanics...

So lessons learned:

1) Next time buy a stock bike and leave it that way
2) Buy from a main dealer, and suck up the extra cost

End rant.

Si

Xavias

Shenanigans.
Reaction score
Visit site
Ouch... sucky situation. Fortunately there will be plenty of time to ride! :)

I learned my lesson in buying a leather racing suit... buy it somewhere you can get the correct fit and not somewhere online... Ordered DEC 29, suit came and was waaaay too big. Sent off for alterations to third party shop on FEB 22... finally received it back on JUN 7...

Never again.

tejkowskit

Gold Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I bought my bike used. Made sure i was buying a bone stock bike for that reason..i just dont trust peoples do it at home chop shops lol. Although there are people who do things correctly, id rather not take the chance.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Archeon, it seems the bike is innocent! It's the people you can't trust! Adding too that, the time they wasted on your dime. Very unfortunate.

Next time things come up, post a problem statement, what you know, what you don't know and specifically how someone can help you! Most are more than willing to go out of their way to help!

Good luck going forward!
F I

Phil in Maine

Reaction score
Visit site
This is EXACTLY when I drove over 4 hours to buy my FZ6. I found one owned by an older guy. Appeared to be about 70 and he was the original owner of the bike.

I really wanted to make sure I found one that hadn't been molested/"modded". With 8k miles the only thing it needed was new tires.

There were ones closer, but they were either owned by 25 year olds who owned it less than a year (which is often a bad sign), or someone had gone to town on them trying to make it a sport bike.

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
I hear you about all this! That alarm business is wierd---I have one ("Scorpio," installed myself) and I would dread having to troubleshoot an unfamliar bike and alarm system----I probably wouldn't have the installation instructions and prior knowledge of the model, etc. and I would not want that job. You said "to be repaired this weekend" re your turn signal. Gawd, I do my own bike work, partly, because of this frustration. I want to, if necessary, learn about inevitable projects/troubleshoots myself. I wonder why the alarm drained the battery? Do you happen to know what that alarm brand/model was?

JONJONsocal

UNKNOWN HOON
Reaction score
Visit site
my bike was a little missed treated but completely stock.. I would never buy

1.- Non-stock color fairing bike
2.- rebuilt anything bike
3.- full of aftermarket crap..

lol

does the bike runs and sounds healthy.. if it does take your time and you will enjoy it for a long time..

Good luck

Jon

cmantis

Reaction score
Visit site
Damn I am starting to feel bad for all the killer mods I have been accumulating. As for the chop shop garages we all run I bet one of us could have fixed it. :rolleyes:

JONJONsocal

UNKNOWN HOON
Reaction score
Visit site
Damn I am starting to feel bad for all the killer mods I have been accumulating. As for the chop shop garages we all run I bet one of us could have fixed it. :rolleyes:

dude.. I've seen chop shops.. Not pretty. I buy stock and add the killer mods my self for my self. Some people like different mods on their bikes. Every bike I sold, got sold stock, took all the mods off and some went into next bike or sold separately. I've seen buddies bike burn to the ground by PO light mods, and shock falling off of bikes too.. all made by PO. Is just my opinion...

Jon