Has anyone tried lambskin on their bike seat?

david223

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm doing a 1000 km trip in a few weeks and I'm looking for a easy way to make the board they call a a seat a bit more comfy... I've heard that draping some real lambskin over it makes a hell of a difference.

I'm not buying a new seat, I'm not cutting it up to slip in memory foam, or anything like that. I have no problems with the seat for the normal riding I do, but this trip will be a challenge for my aging body...

Any experience or other suggestions? I know it will look retarded but I don't care about that, I only care about my butt. Although I won't go as far as using wooden seat beads...

Of course, if someone has a Corbin they want to sell me really cheap...

Powerman

Reaction score
Visit site
I tried everything including lambskin. The final cure was a Top Saddlery seat and even that takes a while to break in. Now I can take rides that are more than twice as long as the stock seat.

Norbert

crash tested
Reaction score
Visit site
these sheep skin pads prevent chafing and keep your butt cool (when it's hot) or warm (when it's cold).
i don't think they provide any extra padding.
alaska leather
is a famous one.
I think they have a 10% discount for advriders.

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You can get all the advice in the world from this forum and none of it may be relevant.

TS seats, Corbin seats, stock seats, shaving the seat, lambskins etc etc.

In the end, we all have different bums and therefore what is good for me may not be good for you.

I still have the stock seat. Did 4500kms in 3 weeks - NO PROBLEMS :thumbup:

BamBam77

Old but still riding
Reaction score
Visit site
You can get all the advice in the world from this forum and none of it may be relevant.

TS seats, Corbin seats, stock seats, shaving the seat, lambskins etc etc.

In the end, we all have different bums and therefore what is good for me may not be good for you.

I still have the stock seat. Did 4500kms in 3 weeks - NO PROBLEMS :thumbup:

:cheer: I think the man said he needed a little help:thumbup:
Seat wasn't going to work on his long ride:eek:

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
I tried the sheep skin with an actual sheep's skin from IKEA and had it on my seat for a two thousand mile trip. Not sure it made any difference but I used it anyway. Bought a top saddlery seat and rode 4,800 miles over 10 days no sweat. Just my experience.

david223

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the input. I just ordered from Alaska Leather. 54.95 for the seat, 22.50 for shipping! Oh well, at least the Canadian dollar is well above the USD. I'll save a few cents that way...

I'll let you know what I think once I can actually try it out.

Norbert

crash tested
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the input. I just ordered from Alaska Leather. 54.95 for the seat, 22.50 for shipping! Oh well, at least the Canadian dollar is well above the USD. I'll save a few cents that way...

I'll let you know what I think once I can actually try it out.

does it provide a layer of cushion?

The Dude

abides
Reaction score
Visit site
I haven't tried one, but I've been thinking about getting one for some time. Please post some pictures of it on your FZ6 when you get it. Thanks!