Hardware Store Camera Mount

stealthyman

Reaction score
Visit site
Using a couple of 2 inch brackets, a crimp ferrule (for guy wires/ropes) and a bolt, I came up with this DIY camera mount. It mounts to the inside bolt just below the windshield. A piece of cord is tied between the mirror and the mount, with one wrap around the top of the camera to keep it stable.

If it works out, I will clean it up and paint it.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Clean it up and paint it now! Looks great from my house!

I'm making a radiator cover for my SV. Found a place here in SD with a great supply of perf metal for exactly what I wanted.

Also your idea will work with a little HD video camera I was thinking of purchasing just for rides with friends. It could mount almost exactly the same way.

DIY is such fun when it works!

Good work! :rockon:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nicely done! I have one interesting mount idea myself. I'll post up my setup pretty soon :D

stealthyman

Reaction score
Visit site
I will shoot some video as soon as the weather warms up a bit. We had snow here in the Los Angeles area on Saturday and my favorite mountain roads are closed for now.

The camera feels quite stable so I don't think the wind will be a problem, but it will be subject to whatever is going on with the front end of the bike for bouncing and vibrations. I'm not sure how that will turn out, but I like the idea of shooting video directly, not through the windshield.

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.MachiningbyBlake.com
Have you had a chance to try it out?? Just curious about the vibrations, I mounted a cheap a&& key fob camera on a bracket attached to the fairing and it didn't like the vibes from the engine at all, but it's not a very robust cam so maybe the one you are using will work great, keep us posted:D

Jerry

dstaffx

Reaction score
Visit site
Some stickey back velcro and some cable tie sorted me out a few years back on my CBR.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pD8kjHCXUu4]YouTube - CBR250RR.wmv[/ame]

dstaffx

Reaction score
Visit site
Which camera? and did it have image stabilization?

Jerry

Its a camera I had a few years back. I put a camcorder in the storage under the seat and had a bullet lens strapped to the bike. Also had a mic strapped near the exhaust. Everything was recorded to 8mm tape.

Don't use it anymore as I now use POV that records to an SD card.
Home :: V.I.O.

:thumbup: