Happy Thanksgiving!

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Back atcha! :thumbup:

I pride myself on always reading the instructions, and doing what I'm told.
But, I'm pretty sure Pilsbury Crescent Rolls should be rolled up from the SECOND-longest side of the triangle, not the longest. :confused:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Lisa and I made pumpkin pies. Scratch crust and we use our own spices etc for the filling.uploadfromtaptalk1480054412917.jpg

Sent from Moto's Motorola

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm stuffed like a turkey! LOL

Hope everyone had a great day with family and friends XO

Copy that! Stuffed!
Good eats today tho! Lots of options!

Hope everyone enjoyed!

BBQ'd a turkey on a gas grill. Always done charcoal, but same same, hickory wood chips in a pan of water and cook away. 15lb bird done in 2.5 hrs or so. Season as usual and cook away minus stuffing. Turned out yummy and moist! Filled hickory pan 3x w/h20 and all is well!

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Best place for leftover turkey? Green Chile Stew!

_DSC0109.jpg
_DSC0109_zpsdok7ecl4.jpg

Nose running, eyes watering, ears ringing, and it's delicious! I removed the crisp skin before adding the turkey to the stew, sliced it thin, and added it as a garnish (like tortilla soup) so it stayed crispy, worked well!

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Best place for leftover turkey? Green Chile Stew!

View attachment 67398
_DSC0109_zpsdok7ecl4.jpg

Nose running, eyes watering, ears ringing, and it's delicious! I removed the crisp skin before adding the turkey to the stew, sliced it thin, and added it as a garnish (like tortilla soup) so it stayed crispy, worked well!

Do you deliver???

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Although it is a holiday here, for anyone, anywhere, if your thankful for your life, heck-Participate!

I'm very thankful for my life, but we don't celebrate thanksgiving. Here in Holland the evening of the 5th of December is the big family happening over here.

Never the less I did enjoy my thanksgiving meal, Mrs Cloggy had a works meal and my eldest daughter came back late from a school field trip, so my youngest daughter could choose what she wanted to eat :thumbup: Luckily she has my taste, she chose a big fat juicy steak (in a griddle pan) , baked potato skins with melted cheese and brocolli with cheese sauce :drool:

Although it wasn't a family day as such I had some real quality time with my youngest, and I'm very thankful for that :thumbup:.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm very thankful for my life, but we don't celebrate thanksgiving. Here in Holland the evening of the 5th of December is the big family happening over here.

Never the less I did enjoy my thanksgiving meal, Mrs Cloggy had a works meal and my eldest daughter came back late from a school field trip, so my youngest daughter could choose what she wanted to eat :thumbup: Luckily she has my taste, she chose a big fat juicy steak (in a griddle pan) , baked potato skins with melted cheese and brocolli with cheese sauce :drool:

Although it wasn't a family day as such I had some real quality time with my youngest, and I'm very thankful for that :thumbup:.

Excellent!

I could certainly enjoy that menu as well, all of em!!!

Last edited:

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Fixed it for you! :thumbup:
Right from the BBQ!
View attachment 67409

Some wisecrack pm'd me that my popper didn't pop... So here's the deal, if the bird hits 160°F (in the thick of it) and the temps continue to rise hitting 165°F out of the heat, it is done and will be moist throughout. But those poppers are releasing at 180/185°F which means you just turned your bird to leather!

Use your own thermometer or just look for clear dripping and moisture from it. All signs it's cooked enough....

Notice the Rosemary sprigs in there....
67409d1480308586-happy-thanksgiving-20161124_160544-jpg

Smersh

The Pillaging Tatar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Precisely what FinalImpact said - if it pops, you've overcooked it. Invest into one of those thermometers.

Another suggestion for ensuring moist meat - brine it before cooking. I'd brined turkey for 48 hours and let it sit in the fridge for 16 hours before throwing it on the grill (charcoal with mesquite wood for smoke) for 2 hours. Oh, and added bits of butter under the skin (hence the cuts on the surface).

I did mess it up - I let the temps rise too far and didn't cover legs/wings, but despite the overall burned appearance the white meat was very moist. I consider results "not bad" for the first turkey I've cooked ever.

2016-11-29 12_10_46-(no subject) - Gmail.jpg

And I'm thankful for the life I lead, people who surround me and opportunities I have.

Cheers,

TS

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Precisely what FinalImpact said - if it pops, you've overcooked it. Invest into one of those thermometers.

Another suggestion for ensuring moist meat - brine it before cooking. I'd brined turkey for 48 hours and let it sit in the fridge for 16 hours before throwing it on the grill (charcoal with mesquite wood for smoke) for 2 hours. Oh, and added bits of butter under the skin (hence the cuts on the surface).

I did mess it up - I let the temps rise too far and didn't cover legs/wings, but despite the overall burned appearance the white meat was very moist. I consider results "not bad" for the first turkey I've cooked ever.

View attachment 67410

And I'm thankful for the life I lead, people who surround me and opportunities I have.

Cheers,

TS

When using a kettle briquette BBQ set an aluminum pan under the bird full water/beer and wood chips with the briquettes around the outside. The added moisture keeps the surface from drying.

Butter, salt, pepper, rosemary, garlic, and other seasonings and your set.
For gas grilling there was no room for pan between burners and bird so the bird went in that pan which later made some great gravey! Also, I poored some brine in the pan too and as stated, wood chip pan and water to keep bird moist.

Happy BBQ'ing everyone!