Handlebar upgrade advice?

Mudkipz137

Reaction score
Visit site
So going to a FZ6n, and was going to see if anyone had advice on handlebars. The stock handlebars are very much like dirtbike handlebars. I'm looking for something closer to a sport bike handlebar, how they tilt downwards at an angle a little (I realize this is probably only possible without the fairing as I was looking at it today).

Anyone have any ideas ro done this?

Gelvatron

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
fz1 handle bar just did the swap this weekend perfect, if you go naked get clamp ons for the front shocks otherwise fz1

Signal 50

Reaction score
Visit site
FZ1 bars feel great. I turned them down just a bit to get just the smallest bit "lower" than normal, and then pointed my levers down a bit.

With a naked setup, clip-on's will be feasible. So consider that an option as well.

Signal 50

Reaction score
Visit site
NP. Do a bit of searching on here, there is a lot of clip on information. I want to say the CBR Blackbird clip on's fit the FZ6.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
FZ1 bar is a great and very inexpensive upgrade. However, if you're looking for a sport bike angle, clip-ons are best bet.

You may also want to check this one out: Suburban Machinery

j_rok-84

Reaction score
Visit site
I had clip ons on my bike for awhile...they look sweet but unfortunately the handling isnt quite as good as i hoped...so i switched back to the stock bars but im thinkin about a set of fz1 bars in the future. The thing i hated most about clip ons was how i was always leaning and all the strain was on my wrists...after a 2+hour ride my wrists started to hurt and sometimes my arms would even start to fall asleep.