handelbar vibration

mrfool9

Reaction score
Visit site
when i ride my bike for and estended pieriod of time say 2 to 4 hours at a thorw at about 70 miles an hour or a little faster i tend to notice that my hand likes to fall asleep alot. dose anyone else have this problem. can you suggust an anti vibe mount

Norbert

crash tested
Reaction score
Visit site
try heavier bar ends .
maybe get some a square sorbothane pads and sandwich that in-between the handlebar and triple tree. something like that....

VUU

VW gearhead
Reaction score
Visit site
I know of a few people that have mixed silicone and lead shot to fill the bars with to reduce vibes, seems to work pretty well. Apart from that you can look into different gloves, grips, bar ends etc. this is something of a common complaint on this bike and there are as many solutions as riders it seems

jeadra

Reaction score
Visit site
Bar risers, new grips, and a throttle rocker helped me with that issue. Also helped with my wrist & lower back issues on longer rides.

Drew Terry

Reaction score
Visit site
So far, I've tried new ProGrips 719 grips, Grip Puppies, and filled the bars with lead shot. I did not use silicone with the lead b/c I'm not sure what silicone to use that would not be so sticky I could pour it into the bar.

I'm going to try the fz1 bars next, for less sweep and a different angle on my wrists. All the mods so far seem to help, but the vibration is still there, most noticeable b/t 5-6000 rpm, and it only bothers my throttle hand. It seems like maybe a steel throttle tube would be better than plastic, but I don't know.

At least now I can shake it out easily, before my whole hand would just go numb. I might try syncing the carbs as well, but at this point I'm pretty much feeling like I can live with it as is. It's now no worse than any dirt bike I've ever had.