Hand Guards

Shawn

Reaction score
Visit site
It is coming to that time of the year again where I find myself riding in cold conditions and I'm looking to find the best ways to keep my hands warm. I have grip warmers which work good for keeping the palm of my hand warm but the outside of my hand freezes. I don't like wearing a heavy glove and was thinking about adding a hand guard to break the wind. Anyone have any pictures of what they look like on an FZ ?

Norbert

crash tested
Reaction score
Visit site
It is coming to that time of the year again where I find myself riding in cold conditions and I'm looking to find the best ways to keep my hands warm. I have grip warmers which work good for keeping the palm of my hand warm but the outside of my hand freezes. I don't like wearing a heavy glove and was thinking about adding a hand guard to break the wind. Anyone have any pictures of what they look like on an FZ ?

Have you considered Hippo Hands Hippo Hands - webBikeWorld
or ordinary ATV mitts?

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
Heated glove TFW. I've tried heated grips and hand guards and mitts and they beat them all for price, style and actually working well!

I have Exo2 gloves. Cost me £120 and they work really well.

S

Shamus McFeeley

I have heated gloves, but I also adapted a set of acerbis off road hand guards.

P9140316.jpg

P9140315.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Even though I don't have them, I would say go with the heated gloves.

I have the heated vest and I won't leave the house without it during the winter. It's a lifesaver.

Shawn

Reaction score
Visit site
Those Barkbusters look pretty good and they make a set for the FZ. I need to find something it was -4 C (24 F) the other day on my morning ride to work.

lomax

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a set of stock KLR hand guards that I am going to try and mount up.

I need lots of pictures as to what others have done.

Give us some ideas here, K, :rolleyes:

Marc

Last edited:

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The Power Madd are supposed to be pretty good also. I am seriously considering getting some myself. When the days are nice now it's very cold and either would be a good choice. I do have Acerbis on my dirt bike. Thank God. Saved my *** quite a few times out riding. :D just my 2 cents worth.

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
I got some UFO handguards to fit that looked OK. I took them off after raising my bars though as they hit the mirrors and totally killed the lock. I didn't need them anyway after trying heated gloves! :thumbup:

lomax

Reaction score
Visit site
Here is what I did this morning. I have not tested them out yet but they seem good and solid. These were freebies from a KLR and with a little trimming and judicious application of Ty-wraps they fit just fine. :thumbup:

DSC01527.jpg

DSC01532.jpg

DSC01531.jpg

DSC01530.jpg

DSC01529.jpg

DSC01528.jpg

Marc

lomax

Reaction score
Visit site
Full lock does bump the mirrors just a little but it is something I can live with.

OK after riding them they do move around a little. I ordered up a set of the BarkBuster S1 guards and will see how they work out.

BUT, with the heated grips and the guards on this just became a good cold weather bike. :cheer:

Marc

Last edited: