"hall Of Shame"

I am gunna sound real thick now but what are they?:eek:

:)

Nobody knows everything and even those that do use Google.

Here is a link I found which goes into it

Frame Slider Design and Selection

There is a whole debate about which are best. But they work great when you drop it or fall off it at the lights and should slow the bike down if you part company on the road. :D

Any good dealer would help you with this as well.

:)

Nobody knows everything and even those that do use Google.

Here is a link I found which goes into it

Frame Slider Design and Selection

There is a whole debate about which are best. But they work great when you drop it or fall off it at the lights and should slow the bike down if you part company on the road. :D

Any good dealer would help you with this as well.

Thanks for that mate when you said frame slider i should have put two and two togeather,it would have = crash bobbins these i have heard of.Think i will invest in some. :thumbup:

Flop and Drop

I did a classic flop and drop today.
I was also doing a favour for one of the patients I looked after today. He left all of his meds in the ER. I phoned him and said that I would drop them off at his house after my shift. It’s a bank holiday weekend so he would have been three days with out medication. I pulled up on his drive (gravel) and didn't want to leave big tyre marks in it for him to have to rake out. So I pulled on slowly and tried to turn. I had left it in second gear (twat) over it went. I managed to lower it whilst nearly breaking my back.
I could not get the bike up. How embarrassing, the old fella came out and offered to help. I said no way as he was already seen that day with a heart problem. I was just about to kick the crap out of my bike when I remembered the thread Steve posted last year. It demonstrates a way to pick up a bike from its side. It worked a treat so thanks Steve. The best bit of all was that my soft luggage prevented any damage what so ever. So I guess my kindness was re-paid. What comes around goes around guys.

Nelly

Re: Flop and Drop

I was also doing a favour for one of the patients I looked after today. He left all of his meds in the ER. I phoned him and said that I would drop them off at his house after my shift. It’s a bank holiday weekend so he would have been three days with out medication. I pulled up on his drive (gravel) and didn't want to leave big tyre marks in it for him to have to rake out. So I pulled on slowly and tried to turn. I had left it in second gear (twat) over it went. I managed to lower it whilst nearly breaking my back.
I could not get the bike up. How embarrassing, the old fella came out and offered to help. I said no way as he was already seen that day with a heart problem. I was just about to kick the crap out of my bike when I remembered the thread Steve posted last year. It demonstrates a way to pick up a bike from its side. It worked a treat so thanks Steve. The best bit of all was that my soft luggage prevented any damage what so ever. So I guess my kindness was re-paid. What comes around goes around guys.

Nelly

See, some of the info on here can really help! :thumbup:

Re: Flop and Drop

Nelly

:wav:
:Flash::Flash: All hail the idiot Nelly. :Flash::Flash:
:wav:

I couldn't resist.:)

Glad your ok thou.

Not sure who needed the medication more, your patient or yourself after the flop and drop. Congrats on your test by the way.

A couple of weeks ago I was parking in the lot at school. I was aiming for a spot on my left, when I noticed a car coming at from my right around a wall. I had no choice but to stop but since I was already committed I dropped the bike. Scratched the left: mirror, turn signal, crankcase, motovation frame slider, and bent my clutch lever. I think the frame sliders saved me from some fairing damage, so they paid for themselves.

What I learned: Don't commit to a turn until you're sure you're not going to have to stop.

Good news: I got a good excuse to get the Pazzo shorty levers!!!

Back